Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   round/row robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/round-row-robins-t279305.html)

Ripped on Scotch 07-14-2016 06:46 AM

I think i have the original IRR rules still that were emailed out. would you like a copy?

Mariposa 07-17-2016 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Ripped on Scotch (Post 7601547)
I think i have the original IRR rules still that were emailed out. would you like a copy?

Sure, that would be great. Please send me a PM. :)

givio 07-17-2016 10:03 AM

I'd be interested in being in a round robin, to mail to the same person once a month-- to be in a group of 5 or 6 participants, where the last month you would receive back the top that has grown from your original block that you mailed out. I sent some ideas about that to Mariposa...
I'm not interested in a row by row.
I prefer not to mail back and forth to a hostess, but rather to just mail directly.

maryb119 07-17-2016 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 7603895)
I'd be interested in being in a round robin, to mail to the same person once a month-- to be in a group of 5 or 6 participants, where the last month you would receive back the top that has grown from your original block that you mailed out. I sent some ideas about that to Mariposa...
I'm not interested in a row by row.
I prefer not to mail back and forth to a hostess, but rather to just mail directly.

Thank you for saying this. You stated my thoughts too. I would prefer a round robin and I don't care for a row by row quilts.

oldcatlady 07-17-2016 04:04 PM

I've thought about doing a round robin but I'm afraid I'm not creative enough. I think I might panic when I received a top and not know what to do!

Ripped on Scotch 07-18-2016 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mariposa (Post 7603765)
Sure, that would be great. Please send me a PM. :)

its so long I can't just PM it to you but i did send you one asking for your email address so I can email it to you

givio 07-18-2016 06:51 AM

oldcatlady, people here could give you suggestions... It's always fun to look at posted pictures, and they can give lots of ideas.

vovoa 07-18-2016 07:38 AM

I would love to do another round robin. I'm in if this comes together!

givio 07-23-2016 08:32 AM

Ok girls, I've posted a new thread about a Round Robin-- if you want to check it out, please do!

mim 07-23-2016 09:34 AM

I would love to join one -- My avatar is a round robin border exchange that I did with quilters in 5 foreign countries. Some of the RRs were wall hangings, others were full size quilts. The full size quilts started with a center block and others added to the quilt. One RR was asymmetrical borders. -- only 2 sides added by each person. That was a memory quilt of my China trip.

The Imagination that we each added was lots of fun and over the year (we had 2 months to add and ship) we all became good friends.

Mim

PS I will look up pix and post them