Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-10-a-t200782.html)

mimim 09-20-2012 07:19 PM

The butterflies are beautiful. I have never seen a quilt like that and will love to work on it.

Wonnie 09-20-2012 07:34 PM

In re to amigurumi...it is the Japanese art of crocheting or knitting animals or creatures of your imagination. I prefer doing the small ones, 3" or 4" although I have done a few a little larger. I'd send a picture but camera needs charged and I don't know how to get the pictures from the camera to the computer anyway. My favorite yarn is Paton's Grace but you can use any worsted yarn although if using worsted you use a much smaller hook than called for. 99% of it is single crochet. The only thing you have to remember is to stuff them~~~~TIGHTLY:p... Speaking of gallbladders it must be the season.....mine comes out Sept.8th. It's so much easier than in the old days when you were hospitalized and hooked up to suction! It's Out Patient surgery now. Know it'll be uncomfortable the first couple of days but I can drive in 3 and bike in 12!!!! Well, gonna' get ready for bed.....take care all!

Wonnie 09-20-2012 08:01 PM

Oops, forgot...you asked which amigurumi was the easiest. Once you do one they're all easy. But, go to:
craftgawker.com .... once you sign in you'll see "search" in the upper right corner ... click on that and a blank bar will come up ... type in: amigurumi ... a page will come up with MANY amigurumi ... scroll down to the one numbered #27115 ... it's a picture of 3 bears, a panda, a koala and a brown bear ornaments ... click on it and it will take you to her website where you'll find instructions. This is easiest because it's just a ball. Check out the rest of the site when you're done ... many of the items have instructions ... now, goodnight...............ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

MaryLane 09-21-2012 01:23 AM

Sherry, I looked at those pictures on the first link. Do you want those hankies hand appliqued or is machine alright?

ssnare 09-21-2012 05:09 AM

Machine applique is fine. Some of the hankies are very thin, so use your own judgement. Let me know if you do not have hankies, so I will know how many to send.
I got the list of names, addresses, etc. today and sent you all an email. Please pm or email if everything is correct or needs to be changed. Mine said I live in KY, when I live in KS. Also, my email was not right. So my info is now correct.

MaryLane 09-21-2012 05:36 AM

Apparently mine isn't correct because I didn't get anything. Can you tell me if I used my gmail account for this swap? I will pm you the address if that is the account I set. I am sure it is because it is my quilting related account.

Wonnie 09-21-2012 05:39 AM

Nope ... I didn't get anything either.

jclinganrey 09-21-2012 08:54 AM

Good morning - - -

I'm back among the living again. LOL - - - I'm an RN and after two 12-hours days, I'm not worth much by the time I get home.

Yvonne - - I like all the 30's colors. The more, the better!

Barbara - please give us some guidance as to your color preferences. Great theme!

I like the 'Perfect Tens' for our name. I'm voting for that one!

I will be adding sashing and will send the fabric along with my first row.

To answer a previous question posted earlier, I've been quilting approx. 30 years. I had my own quilt shop for about five years which was a fulfilled pipe dream of mine. Now I can check that off my list. . . .

I'm fairly new to this site and am participating in a monthly block swap, a secret pal swap, Funky Valentine swap and hopefully a boomerang swap. This is my first row robin. In fact, my 'robin' at all! LOL - - -

I've never really gotten into other crafy kinds of things like knitting, crocheting, etc. I admire you who do.

As far as when to sending rows onto the next person - - - how about each of us communicate to the receiving person to know what will work for her? We all have everyone's email address. That'll work, right? No pressure - - just fun!

Jane

jclinganrey 09-21-2012 09:13 AM

Yeah!!! So excited!!

Jane

jclinganrey 09-21-2012 09:31 AM

Sherry --

RE: background fabric

I suggest a solid white or a very pale color you like, i.e., blue, pink, yellow, etc. I know Springs makes a beautiful 'Snow White' solid. I carried it in my shop and it was very popular because it wasn't a stark, blinding white. Just a thought - - -

Oh - - I'll provide my own hankies for your blocks.

Jane