Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #5 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-5-a-t200776.html)

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 10-11-2012 06:33 AM

Roda, that's exactly my daughter's diva ideas, too. Sparkle of any kind. Slinky dresses. Some how zebra print is always included in the "diva" theme. Kids are funny creatures.

You might think of it as all the things from a "princess" quilt for girls who are starting to think they are too old for the Disney princesses.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 10-16-2012 06:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My row is finished and ready to send. I have another row that will stay here at home and be added when the quilt comes home.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 10-17-2012 09:47 AM

It's very quiet here on our thread. How is everyone coming along on their rows?

Qbee 10-17-2012 03:25 PM

OMGosh!!! That row is SEW wonderful!! :D

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 5589610)
My row is finished and ready to send. I have another row that will stay here at home and be added when the quilt comes home.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 10-18-2012 07:09 AM

Thanks, Qbee. I'm getting pretty excited to see what everyone else is doing, too.

jude by the sea 10-19-2012 08:17 AM

Oh Lisa it is beautiful! I have never done the half circle thing...it is great, very nice. I have washed my fabric yesterday and will start attempting my blocks today, they may be boring compared to yours but what fun this is. I will admit I am nervous about this but jumping in and doing something like this is good for me. Oh yeah I have looked everywhere and I don't have Pats address, did you get it? Are you sending the sashing along with your row? I was planning on using sashing and mailing it to all of you. I like your idea of adding another rod after the quilt comes home!

jude by the sea 10-19-2012 08:19 AM

Oh Lisa it is beautiful! I have never done the half circle thing...it is great, very nice. I have washed my fabric yesterday and will start attempting my blocks today, they may be boring compared to yours but what fun this is. I will admit I am nervous about this but jumping in and doing something like this is good for me. Oh yeah I have looked everywhere and I don't have Pats address, did you get it? Are you sending the sashing along with your row? I was planning on using sashing and mailing it to all of you. I like your idea of adding another rod after th

jude by the sea 10-19-2012 08:24 AM

Sorry about the Doyle posting, I must have hit something. Lisa maybe the envelopes would be good the first row but later as the rows come in go to the boxes. However, I will probably have sashing to go along so until I get my row done I won't know for sure. I think as long as the fabrics is protected any way would work for me but you folks with experience at this sort of stuff would know better! OK off to my studio, have fun quilting!

jude by the sea 10-19-2012 08:25 AM

Oh my, I am so excited I am making silly mistakes here today but again sorry for double posting!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 10-19-2012 10:13 AM

I am sending sashing along with my row. I'm also considering sending along a few scraps that anyone can use if they just need a little bit of fabric for some block they want to make.

I think my first row will go out to Roda in a flat rate envelope. It seems like it will fit OK. It may be wrinkled when it gets there, but I think it would be in the bigger box, too. I'm sure by the second row, we will have to go with boxes.

My row is not all that hard to make. It's Eleanor Burns' method of the double wedding ring. There is a video on her website showing how to make it. These are practice blocks for a larger quilt I'm thinking of making.