Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   scrap swaps? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrap-swaps-t176403.html)

cola410 01-21-2012 08:34 AM

scrap swaps?

Hey everyone! I was reorganizing my scraps last night and was thinking about maybe starting a scrap trade. It's just an idea at this point, but I'm curious how many would be interested?

Thanks,
Katie

ckcowl 01-22-2012 02:10 PM

before you get too far into this you need to read the rules for starting a swap- and follow the guidelines- or your swap is going to fall apart before it ever gets started.
the specifics need to be all figured out before starting to take sign ups....what some people think of scraps may not be what others are thinking of---
it is always fun to get a new swap started- but the details need to be all in place first...good luck with this one- it could be a great idea :)

luvTooQuilt 01-25-2012 05:11 AM

hi everyone..

Im a swap host and its not as simple as you all think...

First you need to PM PatriceJ and pass this idea thru her, and she will approve or not approve depending on her discretion..

2- figure out WHAT the guidelines are- what your willing to allow and not allow as everyone under the sun has a different interpretation. so be specific..

3- Postage... Remember the weights will allways be DIFFERENT.. a member may send in 3lbs but may get 4.1 lbs back, who is to cover the cost difference? and are you- the HOST- willing to stand in line to weigh 20,30 or even 50 baggies to make sure there is enough postage only to find that 50% of the members sent 'enough' postage..

4- better have a thick skin- remember you will never be able to please everyone.. 'SOMEONE' will feel that they didnt get the very best after they sent in their very best..

5- TIME- Hosting is time consuming. Dont think that this will be a 20 min swap.. you have hundreds of PM asking questions- be prepared to reply with in a reasonable time. Swapping time: will you be swapping the baggies or will you assign partners. Organizing: creating a list of swappers and or assigning partners. Commitment: what happens if someone does not send/package gets lost? are you as host willing to send on your dime a new baggie ?

Just a few things to ponder as I only touched the surface of what my swap entails...

patricej 01-27-2012 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 4899944)
before you get too far into this you need to read the rules for starting a swap- and follow the guidelines- or your swap is going to fall apart before it ever gets started.
the specifics need to be all figured out before starting to take sign ups....what some people think of scraps may not be what others are thinking of---
it is always fun to get a new swap started- but the details need to be all in place first...good luck with this one- it could be a great idea :)

All swaps must also be approved in advance before they are announced and begun.
If you decide you want to give it a try, please send me a PM first.