Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-home-d%C9cor-swap-entry-closes-january-21-2013-a-t210473.html)

Elisabrat 01-27-2013 06:15 AM

phew smelled my arms you know like in the commercial where you pretend your stretching? and well i couldnt detect anything that might scare you off but never know. maybe I forgot to put my tooth in. (got a retainer two months ago). its kinda fun thought the pumpkin look. darned front tooth snapped off last year. biting a salami package trying to tear it open with the teeth. DO NOT DO THAT. super bad plan.

ok now that you know I could smell and look like a true country dork without my tooth in my flannel shirts today is a sewing day for me. Nancia I used to be only an early bird. Up at 5 or 6 everyday of my entire life. down at 10 or so. Now I have to stay up til midnite and well it either means I pass right out or I am up twiddling thumbs. I feel guilty making noise with the machine while Steve sleeps. He works physically hard every day and well he deserves good rest. Sometimes I cant help myself however and that light goes on and i get at it. 20 right now outside and i just dont want out of this blanket yet.

And your right your not a liar. just a big fibber. chocolate hoglet, and I would gladly share my jelly beans with you if you promise not to eat the black ones. I love jelly bellies. keep me away from those they are addicting. one at a time too.. slowly enjoy each of them. that and taffy. love taffy too. and carmel love that too. so you get the chocolates and I get the rest.

ok if you wanted something for your table is it more practical to have a center mat or a runner?

jaba 01-27-2013 07:58 AM

Kind of depends on the table, don't you think. In the kitchen I use a mat on 1 end of the table. Have a little wooden holder for the salt and pepper and napkins and it sits on there. I wouldn't have room for a runner because I use placemats at dinner time. Dining room is a big runner or it could be a large mat for the much bigger table. Only use the dining room when people are here. If you're making for me either one, but I'd see it more in the kitchen.

DustysMomma 01-27-2013 10:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Elisabrat, you sound like me. There's not much in the way of candy I don't like. I'm not big on caramel by itself, or black licorice of any kind. Oh, and there's this salt covered licorice shapes that they have in Denmark that is the worst. BLAH! My boyfriend loves them.

Luckily I don't have to worry about waking anyone with my sewing in the middle of the night, on those rare occasions. I think the guys at my house could sleep through a bomb going off. I've done it before, woke up at 1am to a snoring bear and couldn't go back to sleep, so I went and sat at the machine for 2 hours. The last time, when I sewed 2 binding strips together backwards, I knew it was bedtime again, lol. I tend not to sleep well when I'm stressed. Oh, here's a funny. My new job is back working at the car dealership I worked at 4-1/2 years ago, but this time I'm working on a different brand's lot than before. It's not as busy as the other office, thankfully! Anyway, when I worked there before, I used to talk about VIN numbers in my sleep! :D

I bought my partner's fabrics yesterday. Let's see, I'm thinking if I only post them, I'll give away who it's for, so for my teaser pic, I think I'll also throw in what I bought to make a wallet for my friend Lisa. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]391100[/ATTACH]

nancia 01-27-2013 06:32 PM

whoa, d'smom-- i used to speak vin also! i was title clerk for the number 1 fleet dealership at the time. we sat through most of october and then WHAM! thousands of vehicles to be processed NOW. unfortunately i am a slow typist and just because i've done a process 50 times that day does not mean i remember how to do it the 51st time. but they referred to me as the overqualified title clerk. i had none of the skills needed for that job, but i was 'educated' and therefore overqualified. i can type pretty fast with the 3 fingers i use ( 2 on one hand and 1 on the other). during the interview the sales manager asked if i knew 10 key? at my blank look he pointed to the numbers on the right of the keyboard. i said oh. yes. and he brightened and said, without looking?. i said of course not! why would they put the numbers there if they didn't want you to look?? silly man! don't ask me how, but i got the job anyway. lol my co-workers were very nice to me when i'm sure they wanted to run over me on a daily basis. after a couple years i went back to teaching. i actually was qualified to do that!

elainelquilt 01-27-2013 06:47 PM

good evening everyone. everyday i read these posts, and i feel like i am getting to know some of you a bit more each day. I find that we all have something in common.. we have lived a life that is far from trouble free, but i believe that we have made it to this point for a reason. and like all of you it is the love of God, family and good friends that has kept us sane. (at least most of the time..heh, heh,) . and our sewing! i swear that without the love of fabric and stitches, i would have gone wacky more than once. well enough waxing euphorically..(tee hee..hope i spelled that right). i hope all of you have a blessed pain free evening.

jaba 01-27-2013 06:50 PM

All done, and got an okay to send at my own risk. That's the "new rules" for swaps. Understand that so secret partner it will be in the mail and headed your way tomorrow. I know it's early but it might as well be at your house rather than mine and I won't forget to mail it. I'm sure someone out there has a wonderful idea and is sewing away on mine so it will come soon I'm sure. I look forward to receiving it. Sure hope "miss secret" likes this one when she gets it, I had fun making it for her.

DustysMomma 01-27-2013 06:51 PM

Nancia, we're actually looking for a title clerk right now, lol. Every now & then they will let a non-car business person in. I didn't realize it was such a big deal until I went to work where I'm at the first time. I'd had a job handed to me working as office manager for a motorcycle dealership about 9 yrs ago. When I applied to this company, the controller called me and was ecstatic. I told her I did the office work, not titles or ordering and she said it didn't matter, that I knew the basics and I was the only one who applied who did, so she hired me as a billing clerk. A year later I was office manager, but then the auto industry tanked and I was let go. Fast forward 4-1/2 yrs & here I am back again, but this time I have a bachelor's degree I didn't have before.

Elisabrat 01-27-2013 08:43 PM

I second a pain free evening everyone. That is not too much to ask. A fantasy perhaps for some but oh what a good one. I am just tired. I had a good quilting day and I am happy with what i produced. Finished a runner top. Finished a block. Finished another block. That is enough to poop me out. I am not super fast so about double an average days work. and I cooked did dishes and laundry. Not bad. now sitting back cat curled up all over me in my face kinda curled up. i think my chest is a special place.. for cats. big old x marks the spot they all gravitate to it heck I am a fur face at the moment keep moving him to type. argh.. cats!

YOU DONT LIKE LICORICE OR CARMEL? omg. my two of three top favorites. especially black I go on licorice runs like try the newest most different. Last was a little bag from Australia not much in it 7.95 a bag ..good but not the greatest. I like the hard licorice taste not the milder version. open to new labels if anyone has a favorite nd never tasted salted licorice but think its not so good. I tried a chocolate covered carmel with sea salt on top. I did not like that at all. my daughter made salted carmel for christmas. now that i liked think the chocolate through me. dont get who the heck invented it and why its all the craze. Give me good old fashioned candy any day. oh oh anyone check out the vermont country store web site? they carry all the candies we ate a kid. their cataloge is such a draw back to the yesterdays.. oh my god the prices however are not the 5c candies the pharmacy used to sell.

DustysMomma 01-27-2013 09:19 PM

I don't like licorice at all. Caramel, I like in things, but I can take it or leave it by itself. I love a salted caramel frappaccino from Starbucks though! I asked my boyfriend to bring some things back with him from Denmark, so it's possible that there may be some lucky ladies getting Danish candy soon! I found a can of the old hard candies we got for Christmas when we were getting candy for my boyfriend's office, so I've been slowly nibbling on it. Maybe I should share some if it too though.

dabbler312 01-28-2013 08:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I find black licorice salt fish at Ikea - every once in a while I get a bag, the flavor is a little different and not many care for it but I do. Hard carmels stick to my teeth so I eat those with caution. Not real big on just plain chocolate but love chocolate covered coffee beans (my favorite) and we like old fashioned cherry sour balls - they have a jelly bean texture and are round. My latest gotta have candy is yogurt covered pretzles and my go to snack is salted in the shell peanuts - guess this picture explains it all - LOL

Here's your Monday Funny!