Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-home-d%C9cor-swap-entry-closes-january-21-2013-a-t210473.html)

SandyinZ4 02-09-2013 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay everyone...drum roll.... I think this will be my 2,000th post or close to it. Will celebrate with a sneak peek pic of a corner of my project for my secret partner. Hope to get it finished by end of this month if we don't get too much more snow!

nancia 02-10-2013 02:23 AM

oh, my. sikesy, you are reliving my life!! one t'giving everyone else had gone to my sister's 6 hrs away, and i was at home because i had to work friday. i took every piece of dirty clothing, every sheet, blanket, comforter, pillow, rug, in short anything that could be washed and piled it in the laundry room, next to the 1/2 bath. who knew the sewer would back up? i was lifting, dragging, swearing, pushing nasty, nasty stuff out the back door and it just made the river flow faster! if i could have lit the house up with butane lighters, i would have, and taken the pets to the movies with me, to be sure we were gone long enough that nothing could be saved. i didn't, but i sure did wish i could!!!

nancia 02-10-2013 03:00 AM

here's some owl quilt info. it is pictured on the "patchwork angel" website, out of australia, for $49.95 USD.

EDITTING- i just went back to look at previous page and it may be a differemt quilt! hope so! wouldn't want anyone to pay $50 for a pattern for me........ just sayin'.....

DustysMomma 02-10-2013 05:47 AM

OMG! If I lived in Australia, I don't think I'd ever buy a pattern! I went and looked at that site too. I didn't see the one we had pictured in this thread, but the cheapest owl quilt pattern that came up was 9 owls that are just alike for $14.40, which would probably be about $10 here.

We were talking recently about the difference in cost for fabrics in the US versus where some of the board's international members live. Fabric prices in that part of the world (Australia & New Zeland) are sky high, but I just got some real good deals when I was in Denmark over Christmas. It's amazing how much difference in price there is between things depending on where you go. If you buy baby clothes at Marshall's in the US, you would get the same item in Denmark for 2-1/2 times the price, yet fabric is so reasonable, and thread is downright cheap! I got 2000 meter spools of white thread for about $4. I got 2 when I was there & I liked well enough that my boyfriend brought 4 more home when he went for his nephew's christening a couple weeks ago. (Shame I didn't try any other colors!)

OK, so today is cutting day for one or the other or both of my swap projects. I'm going to do a little more of this data entry for this bookkeeping project I'm trying to finish, then get at it! Oh, I need to go buy some fabric too, just 1, for my runner swap. That may wait until tomorrow after work though!

sikesjj 02-10-2013 07:08 AM

It was a Sunday so all the clothes were piled in there. It has been a experience that I don't want to relive!!!!

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5850982)
oh, my. sikesy, you are reliving my life!! one t'giving everyone else had gone to my sister's 6 hrs away, and i was at home because i had to work friday. i took every piece of dirty clothing, every sheet, blanket, comforter, pillow, rug, in short anything that could be washed and piled it in the laundry room, next to the 1/2 bath. who knew the sewer would back up? i was lifting, dragging, swearing, pushing nasty, nasty stuff out the back door and it just made the river flow faster! if i could have lit the house up with butane lighters, i would have, and taken the pets to the movies with me, to be sure we were gone long enough that nothing could be saved. i didn't, but i sure did wish i could!!!

Elisabrat 02-10-2013 07:38 AM

oh goody I know which project is for me that is Christmas colors and well I love holidays so tada that one is definetely mine.

I am oh so happy so far that nothing has backed up. oh heck no.

Fabric and books books are highly expensive in NZ and Aust. just ask Kiwi.. they pay amazing amounts for a paperback book. hard back I think everyone checks those out at the library. I would. I am having a happy sewing morning after a couple quick pick ups and maybe even a shower when the water heater refills in an hour. MAYBE Tracibug is coming today waiting on the final verdict. quick dust! quick mop! lol maybe I will just cover things in fabric and she will never notice. more likely of the two options. I now have gone all over the place to find THAT quilt pattern this morning and wouldnt you know it .. nope. Owls should be easy to find how I found it no clue. Went to Pintererst couldnt find it. went to google couldnt find it. I am no wiz at computers I do simple searches like owls, fabric patterns block of month things like that.. nope. so if your better than I check back at the photo again for me and find it. I know it was a block of month type thing maybe its under halloween but havent searched halloween in eons. so block of months maybe as I was looking for a new one.. argh pirates. this memory of mine has been stolen for sure.

SandyinZ4 02-10-2013 03:20 PM

Hi everyone,
Here is the link to the owl quilt pattern.
http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/BoMs.html

DustysMomma 02-10-2013 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 (Post 5852436)
Hi everyone,
Here is the link to the owl quilt pattern.
http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/BoMs.html

OMG! I can try to remember to go back on the first of every month to get the block of the month for the 19 months, or I can pay $15 and get the whole thing at once. Hmm....

Just so you know, I must own the fish too! (I have a thing for tropical fishes...)

Ooh, and there's one for the chicken lady!

OMG, the castles! That would be good for the Danish nephew too! Or maybe the train!

Sandy, you do realize that you've sent me somewhere I could spend all night and half my paycheck, don't you?

SandyinZ4 02-10-2013 06:35 PM

[QUOTE=DustysMomma...Sandy, you do realize that you've sent me somewhere I could spend all night and half my paycheck, don't you?[/QUOTE]
Oh dear...I didn't mean to get you in trouble LOL! Just wanted to help find the source for that neat owl quilt. There are some wonderful quilts there though and the nice thing is you can download and have them immediately. You could bookmark the page and just buy one a month. :-) Just sayin' :-)

DustysMomma 02-10-2013 08:12 PM

Sandy, you won't get me into trouble. My boyfriend never complains about my fabric habit, fortunately. I'm on self-imposed fabric buying moratorium until I can figure out a way to manage my stash though. Doesn't mean I can't buy electronic copies of patterns! :D

I was going to start cutting my project today, until I realized I hadn't washed the fabric yet.....oops! So I cut out most of the pieces for the runner swap and started working that out. I always pick harder things that I never would have attempted outside of the swaps for some reason. I guess when I finish, I know I can do it though!