Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-home-d%C9cor-swap-entry-closes-january-21-2013-a-t210473.html)

elainelquilt 01-22-2013 04:19 PM

Yipee! I cannot wait! Thank you dustysmomma!

QuiltingKrazy 01-22-2013 04:23 PM

Got my partner! Hope she knows or has an idea of what she may want! I need direction! or I get lost! lol

elainelquilt 01-22-2013 04:27 PM

OK!! I HAVE MY PARTNER! Now to figure out what she wants... hmmmmmmmm

jaba 01-22-2013 04:31 PM

Got it! And she has the colors I love to work with. This is will be so fun, I have in my head what I want to make....now just put it to fabric. Going to start tomorrow.

DustysMomma 01-22-2013 04:31 PM

OK, everyone should have their partners now. If you didn't get one, please let me know as soon as possible. Now get sewing! :D

DustysMomma 01-22-2013 04:36 PM

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.....

A couple people offered to send room photos if it would help. I have to clean up my room first! :D

kiwiquilter65 01-22-2013 04:43 PM

Ok, before I mess up like in the mug rug swap (where we were meant to remain a secret from our swap partner). Am I allowed to contact my swap person to chat, gather more ideas etc or is this swap also a secret?

And Elisabrat the SAHM means "stay at home mother" though I spend more time visiting thrift stores than being the perfect house wife at home lol!

Now to put my thinking hat on and create something pretty for my partner....... happy sewing everyone:o)

DustysMomma 01-22-2013 04:50 PM

Kiwi, it's meant to be secret this time. I think I'll do it non-secret next time with the new rules we have though.

So, to help everyone get some ideas for their partners, I pose a question to everyone:

Other than quilting in general, what is your hobby? Do you collect something? Is there something you're utterly fascinated with (butterflies, trains, music)? If someone from here came to visit, what in your home would you want to share with them first that you'd like more of in your home?

This will hopefully spurn a little discussion and give some more ideas!

elainelquilt 01-22-2013 05:15 PM

i am an avid gardener and i love flowers. i grew up on a farm and i loved it, especially the animals; chickens and cows were my favs. I love cats and dogs and i rescue them when i can.
I love old barns and i go to flea markets often. I am big into civil war things and old clothes. anything will be fine.. i use placemats, and table runners all the time. i have no preference as long as the item is not contemporary in design. I am a great fan of westerns. Have fun with whatever you decide! and thank you so much!

dabbler312 01-22-2013 06:27 PM

Have my partner's name and a few suggestions of what they wish for.

Just went back to my sign up information and reviewed what I posted - partner you shouldn't have any problems figuring out what to make - I put description for each room but wish for you to decide what you would like to make - we are happy and appreciate all handmade items.

We like to garden - both flowers and veggies; fabric budget goes south in the springtime when it's time to buy plants - they get priority. I like to read - Lucas Davenport is my favorite detective; I just finished reading a book about the orphan school in Owatonna MN - interesting and good read. I like to cook and bake, spend time with my friends, go junking (thrift shopping); I'm usually up for new adventures - try and give 100% and if you don't like it don't repeat.