Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-partner-pin-cushion-needlecase-swap-t216622.html)

lynnie 03-28-2013 03:11 PM

So i went out and bought a tupperware type bowl to ship in. Part of my
pincushion is a bit fragile. I need to know it will get there in one pc. Plus
I'm doing a side swap and need to get that there in one pce also.
Cant wait to see pics too.

Sucia 03-28-2013 03:14 PM

Did anybody make the Carrots that were on here a couple of days ago? I fell in love and made 21! And mine are much cuter (IMHO). I put beads and made different sizes, and put more than one leaf, and if I can find some cute charms, I am going to use those, too. And you will get a bunch tied together with ribbon.

I was going to make something entirely different, so if you don't like Carrots, thats OK, too.

Sucia 03-28-2013 03:19 PM

How about Chocolates for needle cases? Anybody hate Chocolate or allergic? Beside me? After my surgery in October, chocolate(my dearest love) makes me violently ill. My Doctor told me it would, but did I listen? Noooo!

jaba 03-28-2013 03:37 PM

I feel sorry for you Sucia, hope that goes away in time. I've been working on the pin cushion and needle case. Actually having fun trying to think of something unique and different. You'll have to give me some leeway here because really haven't made either one in the "quilted style" but don't think my partner will be disappointed or at least I hope not.

lynnie 03-28-2013 03:46 PM

Sorry about allergery to chocolate. I live for chocolate. The carrots sound fun. What post was it.
I bet chocolate would make the carrots go down quickly.

Sucia 03-28-2013 04:30 PM

Jaba, I'm sure we will love them!

JuneBillie 03-28-2013 04:37 PM

I have my pin cushion parts cut out, and have been working on my needle book today. Mine probably won't be unique, but they will be pretty, and very useful.

How do most of you send these type of projects? I read what you wrote so far, but I have always used a flat rate box except for quilt blocks. Is it a lot cheaper? I am not up on that as you can tell. I always get a tracking number, and send priority.

Have fun!!!

nancia 03-28-2013 05:07 PM

you guys quit drooling! ashjoy obviously made that for me. i will let you come see it, for a slight admission fee, lol!

i tend to order things on-line and that's where i get most of my small boxes. the needle case can be in a padded envelope, but be careful how you do needles +/or pins. my homage to quilting will be the batting i put under the fabric that covers the pin cushion. best i can do.

queenof2802 03-28-2013 06:01 PM

Everyone's sounding very busy!! Can't wait to start seeing picture, either. I think I have squared away both of my patterns. This week is end of the month at work. Tonight I worked until 8. Same thing tomorrow. Sat if we are not at goal for the month, we will be working 9-8 then too. Then Easter Sunday. Not much time in the "corner" for me. Hopefully Monday will be a different story.

lynnie 03-28-2013 06:21 PM

Got my box and im ready to ship, all i need is a partner.