Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

txstitcher 10-09-2012 07:31 PM

So disappointed! I just found the Swaps board tonight. Maybe next year...

Leota 10-09-2012 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Anastasia (Post 5574386)
Earlier this summer my rottie herniated his disc as well and was paralyzed in the rear for 2 weeks. I found the most AMAZING sling ever, saved me from herniating MY back. He still has some residual neuro damage in the rear but at least he moves on his own and can hold his bathroom habits. I had to get him a cortisone shot from the vet, helps it go down real fast, then I had him on rimadyl for 2 weeks. After he started dragging me out the door I decided no more rimadyl for him. Luckily I had a whole bottle I had just bought for his mom for her cancer pain. (put her down in April) so they didn't get to hit me with that bill as well. Hope he gets better soon, if you need to know the sling I got, let me know. I got it on ebay, reasonable price, fits a pretty big dog, and got it over night. like ordered it at 9pm and got it by 10am the next day. AMAZING. The vet had never seen a sling like it.

I wish we'd taken our little BennyBoy to a different Vet... the one we took him to said he had arthritis in the spine and that it would only get worse ... there was no treatment....
About 6 years after the diagnosis, we had to put him down because he couldn't stand to eat or relieve himself... We were never given anything for his pain or condition... I still miss my little BennyBoy...
No he wasn't a big dog.. mix of longhaired dachshund, German Shepard, and Sheltie... but we got him from a neighbor when our girls were 7 & 8... they were 23 & 24 when we had to put him down so he had a very long life as it were...

Anastasia 10-09-2012 09:13 PM

My boy is 9 this year, and I tried the towel for the first 2 days, he cried every time, it made him pee on my foot every time, and it hurt my back and i couldn't steer him. This sling I got is amazing, it goes around their thighs at the hips rather than the stomach and attaches to a collar, there is a handle back by their hips, and then an additional leash you can put on their collar. I was able to take care of him myself but before that had to have my mom come over and help with her "Grandchild" for a few days.

I started the last little project for my SS tonight. It's gonna be purrrttyyy.

nellie 10-10-2012 02:39 AM

i got some stuff for my s pal ,just waiting for my next check to buy more small items and fabric will mail out early Nov, too hope she,ll like her enjoy her gifts

Tink's Mom 10-10-2012 05:20 AM

just wrapped up something for my partner....had to add some jingle bells to the bow! Have to keep the mailman JOLLY!

annthreecats 10-10-2012 06:15 AM

I found my leftover jingle bells and put them with my giftee's things to add to the fun when I wrap. I still have shopping (fabric, notions, pet treats, etc.) to do but I shouldn't have any problem getting the mail out on or before Nov. 14th.

dreamer2009 10-10-2012 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom (Post 5575296)
just wrapped up something for my partner....had to add some jingle bells to the bow! Have to keep the mailman JOLLY!

LOL~~~I added 6-golf ball size bells loosely in my package.
jingle all the way...la la la ...la la la...la la la the way.

brenda21 10-10-2012 09:28 AM

ooohhh....just realized mail by date is my 50th birthday:shock:

SulaBug 10-10-2012 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 5575563)
LOL~~~I added 6-golf ball size bells loosely in my package.
jingle all the way...la la la ...la la la...la la la the way.

This is a Great Clue!! :D Now if I get my package & it jingles all the way, I will know it's from DREAMER!! I can hardly wait for my package to arrive!!
:D :D :D :D

dreamer2009 10-10-2012 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 5576058)

This is a Great Clue!! :D Now if I get my package & it jingles all the way, I will know it's from DREAMER!! I can hardly wait for my package to arrive!!
:D :D :D :D

la la la ...la la la...la la la the way.