Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

tlrnhi 09-21-2012 09:45 AM

I tell everyone to be VERY gracious when receiving. Sometimes, some will just get a small package, ie, fat quarters and then maybe a little something and then they see someone else who gets a TON in their package.
It's hard, I know, to not be a bit jealous when one doesn't get as much as the other, but nothing I can do about it.

If you get something in your package that you really don't like, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, keep it to yourself. The sender may have thought that it was something nice, whereas the receiver may not like it.

****If you want to update your list, just send the add-on to me.

Tink's Mom 09-21-2012 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 (Post 5529856)
Brendak, A few have met in person. But most of us met through previous secret Santa swaps
Tlrnhi' Dreamer doesn't need to look for trouble, she is trouble. LOL!!!

LOL!!! Deb has your number, Dreamer!...Just look at it this way, girl...you won't have a problem heating the house this winter...ROFL

I've met with Deb and SharonB in person...we had a blast. Talk to a few on the phone regularly...and others on line....
This is a fun swap...
Last year, I received lots of cool stuff from my Secret Santa....a table runner, fat quarters and lots of other goodies.

dreamer2009 09-21-2012 09:48 AM

Terri
I am updating my list
:p

I want it all...lol

Tink's Mom 09-21-2012 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Tashana (Post 5530333)
Just sent my PM. i am so excited. I have a question about the card that we put in the box. Does the card contain our true identity or just the board name or we sign it simply Secret Santa? Please help, I don't want to mess it up the first time arround. Thank you!

Sign it with your board name AND your real name...

dreamer2009 09-21-2012 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom (Post 5530774)
LOL!!! Deb has your number, Dreamer!...Just look at it this way, girl...you won't have a problem heating the house this winter...ROFL

I've met with Deb and SharonB in person...we had a blast. Talk to a few on the phone regularly...and others on line....
This is a fun swap...
Last year, I received lots of cool stuff from my Secret Santa....a table runner, fat quarters and lots of other goodies.

:p:D:o;):p:D:o;)

annthreecats 09-21-2012 09:50 AM

Squeee!! Santa hats and santa hat ornaments. Christmas is a-coming. Time to start knitting and crocheting. All I need is some red yarn. Just what I need another project.

tlrnhi 09-21-2012 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 5530782)
Terri
I am updating my list
:p

I want it all...lol

Ya know...my mom used to tell me "wish in one hand, want in the other, see which one gets filled faster" lol

dreamer2009 09-21-2012 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 5530834)
Ya know...my mom used to tell me "wish in one hand, want in the other, see which one gets filled faster" lol

can I have "want it all" in both hands ?

Yosamitesa 09-21-2012 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 5530710)
Ok, first off....

Yes, we have a MAN amongst us. now ladies, be nice to him, we wouldn't want to scare him

When you put your card inside the package, YES, put your name on it, along with your board name so the receiver knows who it is from.

Those sending to US and Canada, the cheapest way to send would be in a Flat Rate Box. Those sending overseas, check the price of either a plain package or Flat Rate Box.

YEA!!!! Oh NOW this just got a TON MORE FUN!!! Welcome Mister...please don't be shy!!! Can't wait now, I'm even MORE excited!!!

tlrnhi 09-21-2012 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 5530864)
can I have "want it all" in both hands ?

Nope, nope, nope!