Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2018---chat here (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2018-chat-here-t299216.html)

LAQUITA 12-11-2018 06:48 PM

I missed the opening ��������. But I did get an AWESOME package from Craftyjulz. The one thing I wanted most, she had made for me by her mom. We just moved into a new house in which I got my very own dedicated Quilting area. My name is unusual so I've not hardly ever had something with my name on it. Julie's mom paints & painted me a beautiful sign that says: LaQuitas Quilting Studio, in voles to match my studio. I love ❤️ it!!!!! She sent several 4x4 Quilting sayings, fat quarters in my fav colors, teal & gray. A cute tin with green apple jolly ranchers & some weathers with green apple in it. Yum yum! She also included a LA doodle book for practicing and some DVDs with lots of various quilting & FMQ tips & tricks on them. Then she added in 2 yards of really pretty fabric that will go great in my studio, maybe as a apron or machine cover. I can't thank you enough Julie. If you have a picture please please post it.

Merry Quilting everyone!

roseirish48 12-11-2018 07:13 PM

great box from my secret santa Skaduzy. cant believe she got everything into that one large priority mailing box. there were two pairs of socks--one red and one grey, 2 bags of doggie treat ( Buzz and Poo-Chie send their thanks as they gobble them up) and one bag of treats for kitty(Truffles sends a a more dignified thank you). there was a blank journal type book, two Agatha Christie books of short stories that i havent read, a quilting book and one for cross-stitch. a cloth zip bag with a grocery list pad for frig, 3 quilt patterns and a Xmas card. Two kitchen towels-one red and the other a red plaid. some pale green Aida cloth and package of tapestry needles, spool of thread, a marking pen. sewing machine needles, cutter, a 60 degree diamond ruler, a seam gauge, potholder, rotary cutter blades, 4 pkgs of hot cocoa mix, a mini flashlight, box of candy canes(absolutely love those), kit cats and a bag of miniature Three Musketeer bars. a small coin purse with a JoAnne gift card and one of those lastic tote bag from Joanne's and 16 various fabric pieces of at least a quarter yard each or more, I really had fun opening this gift box and will be enjoying the contents for some time to come. thank you Skaduzy

Leota 12-11-2018 07:34 PM

Terri see what you’ve been missing all these years :)

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 8174670)
This year I played. Never played before, but CarolinePaj was my person.
I want to thank you soooo much! I love everything! Can't wait to make that little tuffet pincushion. It's too cute!!

marcialee 12-11-2018 11:46 PM

I love my package I received from Kentucky. I did get a card but I am not sure I am saying the name correct. (lurna or Lorna). I cant get a photo but here is what I received...crocheted pin cushion, 2 gutterman threads, 5 fat quarters, hobo bag pattern, needles, seam ripper, fabric catalog and 2 pieces of yardage fabric.
Thank you so much.

Aurora 12-12-2018 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by marcialee (Post 8175078)
I love my package I received from Kentucky. I did get a card but I am not sure I am saying the name correct. (lurna or Lorna). I cant get a photo but here is what I received...crocheted pin cushion, 2 gutterman threads, 5 fat quarters, hobo bag pattern, needles, seam ripper, fabric catalog and 2 pieces of yardage fabric.
Thank you so much.

That would be me. I am so glad you like it.

mcdaniel023 12-12-2018 03:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I want to say a very special thank you to Anoka Quilter. Her gifts were truly amazing. I think she did a little mind reading. The pattern she sent was a jelly roll rug pattern. I have everything to make it, except the pattern. I struggle every single quilt with binding and she sent a tool to help. Yea! And I can't tell you how beautiful those fat quarters are.
Life has been super tough lately and I can't thank Anoka and Terri enough. Hugs to you, both.

ckcowl 12-12-2018 03:24 AM

So happy everything about the package was a hit. I didn’t manage to make a lot this year for anyone but I managed to collect items through the year. It was fun to put together the treasures.

nattoddboyd 12-12-2018 05:38 PM

Secret Santa

4 Attachment(s)
My wonderful Secret Santa gifts from Evie. Thankyou so much, I love everything.

madamekelly 12-12-2018 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by nattoddboyd (Post 8175562)
My wonderful Secret Santa gifts from Evie. Thankyou so much, I love everything.

I have the same fat quarter book. I love it. I hope you will love it too.

roseirish48 12-12-2018 07:07 PM

i forgot to mention one thing i got in my box. it is a round circle of blue fabric with a wire edge so it resembles a Frisbee that states "one cool quilter" on it. it was folded and inside of a matching little pouch. I started to remove it from the pouch to look at it fully when it popped open and startled the 'bejesus' out of me. still trying to figurout how to refold it to fit back in pouch