Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2019 Sign Ups (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2019-sign-ups-t306823.html)

hav4boys 10-24-2019 03:54 PM

I received my secret santa's most wanted items today. I am so excited! I even stopped by See's.

roseirish48 10-24-2019 04:58 PM

i signed up for this SS swap and also on another website. that website is doing the 12 days of Xmas thing where each day you give that number of items (ie day 4=4 fqs, day 10 could be socks to cover ten little toes,etc) with stipulation that one gift must be at least one yard of material, one of candy or other treats and #12 gift must be handmade although it does not have to be 12 of something. I decided to do the same for this Swap and have finished numbers 1-3,5,6,7 and most of 12. the rest are either in the making or entail a little shopping trip. been having a lot of fun with both swaps while also making twin size quilts for Anastasia's 6 nephews and niece. 3 down-one top almost ready for frame and other two formulating in my mind.

AprilM 10-24-2019 05:47 PM

Ok... newbie here 😊 received a package today, but not going to give any info about it so i dont wreck anybody’s surprise or give any info i shouldnt.

My problem... i am “assuming” this package came from my Secret Santa, but i cant be absolutely sure because i dont recognize the name or location on the return address. There is no “Santa” indication on the package at all.

I have not opened it as i am not thinking we are supposed to yet? I PM’d tlrnhi, but she might be unavailable at the moment and i am certainly accepting of that!

Now here’s a thought... what if it isnt from my Secret Santa??? If that is the case i will be clueless with another entirely different problem!

So, would it be wrong to ask here that my Secret Santa PM me? If it’s wrong, pretend i didnt ask! Honestly, i was just so shocked to receive a package already today (if actually from my SS) as i am still working on some items for my SS recipient! I guess i better get the “lead” out! 😊

Lstew2212 10-25-2019 03:07 AM

I am working on some items for my SS this weekend. My SS live to the east of me. She will be getting rain this weekend in her neck of the woods.

Lstew2212 10-25-2019 03:10 AM

Apparently I did not pay attention in geography, my SS lives just a little to the west of me. It’s too early in the morning. And I’m only halfway done with my first cup of coffee.

tlrnhi 10-25-2019 06:27 AM

Please make sure that somewhere on the package, you put Secret Santa.
That way it's not opened by mistake.

Ok, no to figure out what day to open.
In the past, it's been the 1st Saturday in December, which would be December 7th.
Does that sound good to everyone? Figure out a time, which would be good for all

Queenbarbiej 10-25-2019 07:43 PM

The 7th of December is fine. The only problem is I don't get on until late around 10:30 cst.

Lstew2212 10-26-2019 04:05 AM

December 7 th is great for me

AprilM 10-26-2019 12:31 PM

December 7th is great with me although i may not be available until 7pm (CDT). Will that work? Or if someone chimes in late is it ok? I am assuming posts happen as they normally might - its just nicer to have “everybody together when Santa comes”!

Rumbols 10-26-2019 01:33 PM

December 7th is good for me.