Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-sign-ups-2016-a-t282172.html)

sewingsuz 10-28-2016 09:41 AM

I did not use my return address on the label because they might narrow it down. I used my daughters address in a big city. I know my bows are getting crushed as we speek. I shoved all I could to get it all in one of those if it fits, it ships.
You could buy a couple yds of fabric for what shipping cost now days. We should plan on all meeting in the middle of US states and exchange gifts there. I forgot to sign my letter after I printed it on computer. I hope the chocolate does not melt. HO Ho Ho! Santa secret's on its way.

redstilettos 10-28-2016 10:27 AM

Suz: I feel your pain. This is my first year doing this and I didn't specify if I cared if my SS was State-Side or OverSeas. Postage was a shocker! But still worth it.

I like the idea of a "round robin" so to speak. No one would like to come to Wisconsin in Winter unless they like sleet, snow and ice. I don't mind. Hubby goes snowmobiling, and I stay in front of the fire and quilt. Score! :)

Rumbols 10-28-2016 12:17 PM

Well, I have all my pieces and parts wrapped and packaged, ready to mail. Shipping tomorrow. :thumbup: Sure was fun. Now just have to wait for opening day for my SS to open her package.

happynana 10-28-2016 12:54 PM

HEY :) You could all come to my house!! I live as close to the middle of the country as you can get in Omaha NE.

soniboo 10-28-2016 04:01 PM

Well, I'm not ready to mail yet but I'm working on it. Some of you are real "early birds"!

VickiM 10-28-2016 04:08 PM

Well, today I wrapped all the goodies & the box is ready to mail one day next week...then just need to see when opening day is...waiting, waiting, waiting. :)

LAQUITA 10-28-2016 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by pyffer3 (Post 7686490)
Got one more thing to all to my box. How about I wrap everything in fabric instead of wasting paper? Who likes that idea? Plan to mail on Monday too!
Here is a preview of one item in the box:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/attachm...330-image.jpeg

Ohhhh my colors!!! Must be coming my way :)

m-fay 10-28-2016 05:12 PM

I've stalked my santee, made a list and searching shops "down south" . I hope to get lots of stuff and will wrap it all when I get back home and mail it then.

LAQUITA 10-28-2016 05:24 PM

I'm having a party.....a pity party and your all invited,....to help cheer me up. I found out this week that I will have to have reconstructive foot surgery on Monday Nov 14th. I will then be NON weight bearing for 6-8 weeks!!!!!! Then on a boot / cast for 6-8 weeks after that! so glad I enjoy handwork huh???

What's bad, is I had this same surgery in Feb of this year, but after 9 months the bones have only fused 25%! So this time, I have to have 3 bigger screws put in, he will then draw bone marrow from my hip and make a 'joint compound' (if you will) and put it between the joints to help them fuse. Please join me in prayer that this time it will fuse together as it's supposed to. Thank you.

pyffer3 10-28-2016 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA (Post 7687450)
I'm having a party.....a pity party and your all invited,....to help cheer me up. I found out this week that I will have to have reconstructive foot surgery on Monday Nov 14th. I will then be NON weight bearing for 6-8 weeks!!!!!! Then on a boot / cast for 6-8 weeks after that! so glad I enjoy handwork huh???

What's bad, is I had this same surgery in Feb of this year, but after 9 months the bones have only fused 25%! So this time, I have to have 3 bigger screws put in, he will then draw bone marrow from my hip and make a 'joint compound' (if you will) and put it between the joints to help them fuse. Please join me in prayer that this time it will fuse together as it's supposed to. Thank you.

OMG! I am so sorry for you and what you have been going thru. I had my ACL replaced with a cadaver part about 16 years ago and it was months and months of recovery and therapy. Please take care of yourself...many prayers coming your way!