Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-sign-ups-2016-a-t282172.html)

MizMelly 09-20-2016 06:49 AM

I shop the sales at the local quilt stores and places like Joann's, I pick up notions, fat quarters, patterns, small crafty sewing kits and other related sewing items. The other thing I do is research cute projects that I will make and add. I always add a few hand made items along with what I purchase. I have a bin that I add items to all year long, so by the time the swap starts and I have a partner's name and see their list of likes/wants/dislikes, etc, it's usually fairly easy for me to built onto that for a nice S.S. package that I send out several weeks before the deadline.

Originally Posted by marietta (Post 7657074)
I am always on someones naughty list somewhere! Ok fellow swappers, This is my first year for secret santa and am very excited.
Reading thru this year and last years posts....Lots of you say you have been collecting all year.
Collecting what? I'm not new to swapping, or secret pals, Just wondering what everyone has been collecting thru out the year.

marytoddliz 09-20-2016 07:20 AM

Sewing Sew I love the wooden Nickel, that would be a great incentive to give my granddaughter for her to be good!

Originally Posted by SewingSew (Post 7657105)
I am Santa's favorite and I can prove it! A picture is worth a thousand words.:o

marytoddliz 09-20-2016 07:27 AM

Collecting for Secret Swaps for quilting to me is like the Birthday Box that I keep filled with goodies, This came in very handy when my kids were little and they were invited to a Birthday party. I still keep a birthday box only now it has a lot more quilty type items in it! I have a lot of friends who quilt and having a quick small gift on hand is just a nice thing to do. Almost anything that I find on sale or Items that I think are useful but easy to mail go into my "Birthday Box"

In my mind giving is the fun part, getting is the bonus :thumbup:

SewingSew 09-20-2016 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 7657199)
Sewing Sew I love the wooden Nickel, that would be a great incentive to give my granddaughter for her to be good!

I know it has been incentive for me to be good, because, by nature, I am as naughty as they come, but after Santa gave me this wooden nickel--well let's just say it changed everything!

SewingSew 09-20-2016 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 7657205)
Collecting for Secret Swaps for quilting to me is like the Birthday Box that I keep filled with goodies, This came in very handy when my kids were little and they were invited to a Birthday party. I still keep a birthday box only now it has a lot more quilty type items in it! I have a lot of friends who quilt and having a quick small gift on hand is just a nice thing to do. Almost anything that I find on sale or Items that I think are useful but easy to mail go into my "Birthday Box"

In my mind giving is the fun part, getting is the bonus :thumbup:

I used to take advantage of sales and put things aside for birthdays or Christmas, but the problem I ran into is that I wanted to give the toys to my kids early, and usually I couldn't resist the urge. I too think that the best part of the fun is in giving. I'm not saying that I don't love surprises myself, but there is nothing like seeing someone's face light up when I give them a gift, and when it is a child that I'm buying for, there is something magical about it! The greatest part of Christmas joy is from making others happy.

dharen7 09-22-2016 04:49 AM

Will have my grandson come up and show me how to do the info. Not computer smart. Missed last year due to breast cancer. Don't want to miss another year. Love doing the Secret Santa.

GramE 09-22-2016 07:55 PM

I'm a newbie, and I'm in. I love surprises in my mailbox!

pyffer3 09-23-2016 08:39 AM

I'm in again. This will be my 4th year. I love giving so I am putting together my package now and will tweak when I get my name! So much fun reading everyone's hints and extra suggestions.....

Grandma Di 09-23-2016 09:00 AM

I just sent my PM. I can't wait. I did this a couple of years ago and it was so much fun.

SulaBug 09-23-2016 11:36 AM

Hi Everyone...............I am back & as usual I am in for Secret Santa. I can hardly wait to get my name. Thank You Terri for putting this event together again!! :D :D :D :D

Also,Thank You Cindy for letting me know that it is time to sign up.