Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

huntannette 11-06-2014 05:40 PM

ha ha ha.....sorry I don`t know....don`t think thy are diet food....but thy are yummy!!!!

Originally Posted by reeskylr (Post 6959018)
Oo..this sounds tasty. Any idea what the calories are? Or if Weight Watchers, what points? :)

dharen7 11-06-2014 06:19 PM

I want to join in the virtual cookies: Christmas Crack 35 to 40 Saltine Crackers, 1 cup butter, 1 cup light brown sugar, 8 oz chocolate chips, 1 cup m n ms Oven to 425degrees. Line one cookie sheet with aluminum foil, spray with non stick spray. Arrange saltine crackers salt side down, In a medium saucepan melt the butter and brown sugar together and boil until turns caramel color. Remove from heat and pour over crackers covering them evenly. Put in oven 3 to 5 mins or until just bubbly. Remove from oven and pour chocolate chips over them let chips start to melt and then spread all over the toffee with spatula. Sprinkle m&ms over them. Place in freezer for 20 mins once chocolate is harden break into pieces store up to 2 wks in container

reeskylr 11-06-2014 06:31 PM

Yum!!:thumbup:

jaba 11-06-2014 06:46 PM

Received a package in the mail today from bubbles sugar socks. Just wanted to let you know it got here safely and I hear little bells inside. At least I think I do :)
Those carrot cookies sound amazing, just need to add walnuts or pecans and my hubby would be very happy. Going to try them this weekend, thanks for the recipe. I've got a recipe for pumpkin or squash cookies that is very good if you like a soft cookie and it makes 6 dozen at a time. Will post tomorrow so if some of you would like to try them you'll have the recipe. They are yummy and even freeze well.

PenniF 11-06-2014 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by dharen7 (Post 6959053)
I want to join in the virtual cookies: Christmas Crack 35 to 40 Saltine Crackers, 1 cup butter, 1 cup light brown sugar, 8 oz chocolate chips, 1 cup m n ms Oven to 425degrees. Line one cookie sheet with aluminum foil, spray with non stick spray. Arrange saltine crackers salt side down, In a medium saucepan melt the butter and brown sugar together and boil until turns caramel color. Remove from heat and pour over crackers covering them evenly. Put in oven 3 to 5 mins or until just bubbly. Remove from oven and pour chocolate chips over them let chips start to melt and then spread all over the toffee with spatula. Sprinkle m&ms over them. Place in freezer for 20 mins once chocolate is harden break into pieces store up to 2 wks in container

OH MY GOSH.... i have never heard of anything like that before....that sounds SO good !!! Question please...when boiling the butter and sugar - do you just leave it alone or do you stir it at all???

JABA....will be looking for your recipe...another that sounds really unique !!

PenniF 11-06-2014 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by djmat (Post 6959006)
Thinking about delivering my SS to avoid porch package thieves, wish my SS was close to here!
Guess I'll just stop posting until opening day. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings by posting too much, please forgive me.
Happy Thanksgiving to all! Enjoy your virtual cookies!
hugs,
DJ

Please don't do that....You would be missed, i promise you. And besides --- we need a cookie recipe from you!!;)

TOOMANYUFO'S 11-06-2014 07:37 PM

The cracker recipe is addictive. We make it every year. Yum yum

madamekelly 11-06-2014 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by blondeslave (Post 6958748)
I'll have to crawl off to the corner with you. Everyone says they want people to post but the only one who will play with me is Neesie and she has to. I was her SS last year. This is my third or fourth SS but I still feel like an unknown newbie. Last year I told an outrageous story. This year I brought whine and my box is singing to me to open it but I am all but invisible. Don't know what I'm doing wrong but I think I'll go back to lurking.

Ya get what ya give. Don't be afraid, we are all friendly here, we just have our "seconds in the penalty box" moments. Just be who you are. Why do you think the hole was invented?

dharen7 11-06-2014 08:11 PM

I stirred with a wooden spoon to keep from burning on bottom. Very addicting

BrendaK 11-06-2014 09:16 PM

Thank you so much Neesie I love home-baked goodies. I'll be sure to let you know how they taste. Take care all.
BrendaK