Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Judylee2 11-21-2014 04:00 AM

I am holding my box.... Is it supposed to purr? Maybe I should put little holes so it can breathe....no box cruelty here! It sure is heavy and it make all the funny little sound. OMG! I crack me up, I am getting quite the visual of some poor little soul in the box. Its eye bulging when I squeeze the box! Its eyes and ears rattling when I shake my box from side to side......heheheheh.....got to let it out!

paperpieceme 11-21-2014 05:26 AM

its here! its here! its here! all the way from Canada! and in pretty snowflake wrapping paper. but i cant open it early because Santa wrote the rules on the outside and now my kids know. they werent even going to give it to me but i saw it.

dharen7 11-21-2014 06:06 AM

I'm starting to feel quilty not wrapping everything in my box, but I was able to put a lot of stuff in the box unwrapped. Post office says she got her box hope it made it safely.

dharen7 11-21-2014 06:08 AM

I'm starting to feel quilty not wrapping everything in my box, but I was able to put a lot of stuff in the box unwrapped. Post office says she got her box hope it made it safely. Wish I knew how to do the posting pictures so I can show what I made for her. Maybe she will be able to after opening date

CookyIN 11-21-2014 08:16 AM

SulaBug, that is too cute and funny!

PenniF 11-21-2014 08:44 AM

Dang Sulabug....why they heck haven't i thought of that before !!!!!

Neesie....i cannot believe you PFFFFTTTT'd me?.......We are going to have to have a serious talk !!

Judylee....thanks for a great visual.....really made me laugh.

Hope everyone's having a great Friday. i have SOOOOOO much to do this weekend sewing-wise .... Like my Gram used to say....."seems like the faster i go, the behinder i get" !!! At least it keeps my mind off the packages sitting here mumbling at me. Time to go turn on the Hallmark Christmas movie and plug in the DSM.

Haven't had a recipe in a couple of days....come on Ladies.....i KNOW you have them !! Terri...you're the boss of us, so you should set a good example and add a recipe.

Dedemac 11-21-2014 09:27 AM

PenniF I promise I will send a recipe this weekend. There is nothing on my schedule except a night out with some friends for dinner and a comedy show on Saturday then grocery shopping with my mother some time this weekend. I was thinking about making some cookies this weekend so will send the recipe and bring some to the hole.

Dharen7 Don't worry about wrapping, this year I did not was able to get more in the box. Last year my SS had I think 20 small packages to open and she had to open them in a special order. Each one is different as long as we have fun.

Open Me,.. Open Me,... Open Me Please!

AnngelAnne 11-21-2014 09:37 AM

I have made these either in bars or in cookies, you just don't cook as long.

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars

1 1/2 stick butter
1 tablespoon maple or maple-flavored syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup peanut butter
What To Do:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

2.Melt butter and syrup over low heat on stovetop or in microwave.

3.In a large bowl, combine butter mixture, baking soda, and allspice; mix well and let cool.

4.Add rolled oats, flour, sugar, and raisins; mix well. Press dough into baking dish.

5.Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes then immediately cut into bars; let cool completely.

6.Place peanut butter in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 15 to 30 seconds until melted. Stir well and place in small plastic zipper bag, cut off corner and squeeze to drizzle.

jclinganrey 11-21-2014 10:18 AM

Okay. Here's a recipe for you. I'm making this for the holidays! Lemoncello! MMMmmmmmm. . . . .

LEMONCELLO

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]http://www.quiltingboard.com/newrepl...reply&t=252598

[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]
[TABLE]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="width: 77, bgcolor: transparent"][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
Submitted By: Michele O'Sullivan

Photo By: margomery
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Ready In: 21 Days 40 Minutes
Servings: 34
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

"Truly distinguished ice cold refreshing drink! Lemon zest is steeped in vodka for a week, then mixed with simple syrup and aged for 2 more weeks."

Ingredients:
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="width: 50%, bgcolor: transparent"]10 lemons

1 liter vodka

[/TD]
[TD="width: 50%, bgcolor: transparent"]1 1/2 cups white sugar
4 cups water
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
Directions:

[TABLE]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]1.
[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Zest the lemons, and place zest into a large glass bottle or jar. Pour in vodka. Cover loosely and let infuse for one week at room temperature.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]2.

[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]After one week, combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. DO NOT STIR. Boil for 15 minutes. Allow syrup to cool to room temperature.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]3.

[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Stir vodka mixture into syrup. Strain into glass bottles, and seal each bottle with a cork. Let mixture age for 2 weeks at room temperature.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]4.

[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Place bottled liqueur into the freezer. When icy cold, serve in chilled vodka glasses or shot glasses.
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

<tbody>[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2014 Allrecipes.com

[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]
Printed from Allrecipes.com 7/6/2014
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

**substitute agave nectar for sugar**

Love this recipe, I made a few changes to make things easier forme. First I poured off just enough Vodka (100 proof) out of the bottle to fitthe lemon peel directly into the Vodka bottle. I then aged this for threeweeks. After combining the simple syrup with this mixture, I poured it backinto the Vodka bottle and an emptied, cleaned wine bottle (or two if needed). Ilet this age for three weeks as well, then strained. I think leaving the zestin the mix for the second aging increased the lemon flavor and helped balance thesweetness.

I adjusted the recipe for a 750 ml bottle--8 lemons, 3 cups water& 2 cups sugar. Going to try the creamy version next.

Enjoy!

Jane

jclinganrey 11-21-2014 10:23 AM

This is my first go round with the whole Secret Santa on this board and didn't realize I was supposed to wrap every little thing in the entire package!!! Uh oh!!! Did I screw up??? Hope not. I did write - in red & green on the back of the package - 'from your Secret Santa' so hopefully she won't open it til Xmas. We'll see. . . . .

Jane