Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

AnngelAnne 11-21-2014 10:29 AM


Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 6978136)
This is my first go round with the whole Secret Santa on this board and didn't realize I was supposed to wrap every little thing in the entire package!!! Uh oh!!! Did I screw up??? Hope not. I did write - in red & green on the back of the package - 'from your Secret Santa' so hopefully she won't open it til Xmas. We'll see. . . . .


Jane

From reading thru most everything, the wrapping of each item in box was definitely your choice, up to you, what you wanted, etc. I didn't either, and I forgot to put the card in, so had to send it separate, and definitely my first time around and I feel like I dropped the ball after again reading thru everything. But I did the best I could for at the time, next time will do much better.

Neesie 11-21-2014 10:29 AM

I'm taking (another) break from sewing. I 'needed' a cup of mocha! :thumbup:

Am working on a panel quilt, for my great-niece. Just in case anyone connected with the little sweetheart happens to read the QB, I'll wait until after she receives it, to tell more. :) I'd like for it to be a surprise. After I finish this, I need to get to work on one for my great-nephew. Then sometime in the very near future, I really, really need to make one for my SON!!! Bless his heart! He won't tell me what color(s) he'd like, so his has been pushed to the back burner. :o I'm hoping that by the time I finish these other two, I'll have made up my mind about his. Needless to say, I have several combinations of possible fabrics, to use. You know the routine - buy one set of fabric, then decide on a different set, then another. . . . <sigh> ANYWAY, these other two will hopefully be finished in time for Christmas. The little girl's is almost finished. Just need trimming and binding, then clipping of stray threads. The little boy's is just a certain arrangement of squares. ;) I'm expecting an order from Thousands of Bolts, any day now. Needed more greens and had already picked over the ones from my stash and at Hobby Lobby.

Always nice, when one's printer decides to just start making noise, out of the blue, all on its own!!! It's a wireless printer and dh isn't home, so I keep expecting some stranger's document to show up on my printer! :shock: Turns out it was just doing its thing, whatever that is! Crazy contraption! :p

Neesie 11-21-2014 10:34 AM

I do wrap each gift BUT it's mostly to make my Secret Santa-ee WAIT that much longer, to know what she's getting! :D
There are no rules, concerning whether or not to wrap. It's all good! :thumbup:

AnngelAnne 11-21-2014 11:06 AM


Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6978149)
I'm taking (another) break from sewing. I 'needed' a cup of mocha! :thumbup:

Am working on a panel quilt, for my great-niece. Just in case anyone connected with the little sweetheart happens to read the QB, I'll wait until after she receives it, to tell more. :) I'd like for it to be a surprise. After I finish this, I need to get to work on one for my great-nephew. Then sometime in the very near future, I really, really need to make one for my SON!!! Bless his heart! He won't tell me what color(s) he'd like, so his has been pushed to the back burner. :o I'm hoping that by the time I finish these other two, I'll have made up my mind about his. Needless to say, I have several combinations of possible fabrics, to use. You know the routine - buy one set of fabric, then decide on a different set, then another. . . . <sigh> ANYWAY, these other two will hopefully be finished in time for Christmas. The little girl's is almost finished. Just need trimming and binding, then clipping of stray threads. The little boy's is just a certain arrangement of squares. ;) I'm expecting an order from Thousands of Bolts, any day now. Needed more greens and had already picked over the ones from my stash and at Hobby Lobby.

Always nice, when one's printer decides to just start making noise, out of the blue, all on its own!!! It's a wireless printer and dh isn't home, so I keep expecting some stranger's document to show up on my printer! :shock: Turns out it was just doing its thing, whatever that is! Crazy contraption! :p

wow, busy busy lady. I can't seem to find time for my quilting with work and all, tells me the only thing I can do is make the time.

mhcpa 11-21-2014 11:31 AM

No package received yet for me, I am patiently waiting. My SS has received hers, I mailed a couple of days early. I wrapped some of it but not all, some things just could not be wrapped! I do hope she will enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Recipe: Cranberry sauce.
1 pack of fresh cranberries
1 orange
1 lemon
sugar
sure jell
bottle of wine

Directions:
Take a drink of wine. Rinse and sort the cranberries, place in a pot with a little water and bring to a boil. Drink some more wine. Add a little lemon and orange zest and lemon and orange juice. Drink wine. Add some sugar to your liking (I dont add much) it can be white or brown sugar. Drink more wine. Add sure jell. Drink a little more wine and even put in mix if you like. Let cool in nice mold. Who knows how it will come out but enjoy!

Neesie 11-21-2014 11:40 AM


Originally Posted by AnngelAnne (Post 6978208)
wow, busy busy lady. I can't seem to find time for my quilting with work and all, tells me the only thing I can do is make the time.

Well . . . the current quilt is a bit of a 'cheater' quilt. I just added a border and a little embroidery personalization to it. Quilting is diagonal cross-hatching and a few heart outlines. As if that wasn't easy enough, it's just under the width of the backing, so no piecing there. The little girl is only three years old, so it's the perfect size . . . and super quick! For super quick quilts, a panel is definitely the way to go! :thumbup:

Neesie 11-21-2014 11:40 AM


Originally Posted by mhcpa (Post 6978235)
No package received yet for me, I am patiently waiting. My SS has received hers, I mailed a couple of days early. I wrapped some of it but not all, some things just could not be wrapped! I do hope she will enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Recipe: Cranberry sauce.
1 pack of fresh cranberries
1 orange
1 lemon
sugar
sure jell
bottle of wine

Directions:
Take a drink of wine. Rinse and sort the cranberries, place in a pot with a little water and bring to a boil. Drink some more wine. Add a little lemon and orange zest and lemon and orange juice. Drink wine. Add some sugar to your liking (I dont add much) it can be white or brown sugar. Drink more wine. Add sure jell. Drink a little more wine and even put in mix if you like. Let cool in nice mold. Who knows how it will come out but enjoy!

LOVE it!!! Would coconut rum work just as well? :D

dharen7 11-21-2014 11:45 AM

We needed this in time to drink when we open our boxes.

dharen7 11-21-2014 11:47 AM

how many of us haven't received our boxes I don't mind the wait makes it easier on me not to stare at it, I mailed mine way to early, shes had to stare at it for a long time.

CookyIN 11-21-2014 11:49 AM

You newbies can kick back and relax when it comes to wrapping. Last year I didn't just so I could squeeze as much as possible into the box. This year I wrapped all but a few items to add to the fun for my Santee. Last year the package I received had everything individually wrapped. Will I have multiple things to unwrap this year? Finding out is just one more part of the fun of playing the Secret Santa Swap!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:33 PM.