Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

juneayerza 11-30-2014 09:03 PM

Neesie, one just has to look into those innocent eyes to know she is telling the truth. Besides, most animals don't lie, just my dog who tries to get a second dinner out of the one who didn't feed her.

Neesie 11-30-2014 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6990086)
Neesie, one just has to look into those innocent eyes to know she is telling the truth. Besides, most animals don't lie, just my dog who tries to get a second dinner out of the one who didn't feed her.

That's right! Just look into my innocent eyes! It's not very nice to call me an animal but I'm glad you see the folly in believing that scoundrel, Phoebe!

juneayerza 11-30-2014 10:59 PM

Neesie, I apologize oh so humbly; I can now see the folly of believing Phoebe. Brownie has that same who me look when she is pulling a con. So if you are missing socks out of your SS gift, it wasn't Neesie, but her conniving, little furbrat of a dog.

cannyquilter 12-01-2014 02:34 AM

One last recipe from me. Made this on Saturday and it is delicious.

Lemon Drizzle Cake

160g salted butter
160g caster sugar
3 eggs
110g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
Zest of 2lemons
Juice of 1 lemon
50g ground almonds

Icing
20g butter
80g caster sugar
Zest and juice 1 lemon

8" square tin lined and greased
Oven 170C

Cream butter and sugar then add eggs one at a time. Add lemon zest fold in flour and baking powder. Add lemon juice and ground almonds. Put into baking pan and cook for 30 mins.

To make icing melt all ingredients in a pan until sugar is dissolve.

Allow cake to sit in tin for five minutes after cooking. Pierce all over top of cake with skewer and pour icing over. When completely cool cut into squares.

Delicious served with creme fraiche.

dharen7 12-01-2014 03:24 AM

There might not be sock soup, but in the one camping book I have theres a receipe for using a sock to make coffee.

Neesie 12-01-2014 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6990115)
Neesie, I apologize oh so humbly; I can now see the folly of believing Phoebe. Brownie has that same who me look when she is pulling a con. So if you are missing socks out of your SS gift, it wasn't Neesie, but her conniving, little furbrat of a dog.

Exactly! Phoebe will carry off anything that isn't bigger than she is . . . and then try to blame it on me! :(
June, are you sure YOU didn't snag those missing socks, on their way past you? You seem mighty eager to throw suspicion elsewhere, to be totally innocent. Just sayin' . . . . ;)

Neesie 12-01-2014 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by dharen7 (Post 6990186)
There might not be sock soup, but in the one camping book I have theres a receipe for using a sock to make coffee.

URF!!!! :eek:

ArizonaKAT 12-01-2014 09:07 AM

It'd be so much nicer, if they'd throw pennies TO me . . . .

You could buy some sock with those pennies . . .

ArizonaKAT 12-01-2014 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by PenniF (Post 6988347)
Neesie and Kat.......Keep it up and i'm pulling this car over. I MEAN IT !!!!!

Nessie's house is closer to you . . .

ArizonaKAT 12-01-2014 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6988349)
KAT - let's behave, until we get alongside a bakery. :thumbup:

We'll need a bakery that delivers. You and I are NEVER getting out of this hole.

If I have confused anyone about opening their packages, I'm blaming it on the dog.