Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

CookyIN 09-30-2014 02:55 AM

Sign-ups have closed... soon we'll learn who our Santee is... can't wait to start filling that wonderful mystery package!

Neesie 09-30-2014 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 6908950)
Neesie, you are a true Pioneer Woman. I hate snakes, absolutely hate them. Those creepy crawlies give me the heebie jeebies. If we come across any during our midnight raids... er, stash runs, you handle 'em. Okay?

I'm feeling faint; think I need a splash of rum or kahlua in my coffee. Anyone else?

Cooky, not a problem! Most snakes would rather run away, than confront people. As long as I have a hose or a long-handled rake, I'll chase off any snakes we meet. We should still keep the rum handy, of course! :thumbup:

Bilben 09-30-2014 05:54 AM

Interesting fact: The Yukon is the only place in Canada that has no snakes.

Neesie 09-30-2014 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ (Post 6909477)
I have to say that I like the picture of Big Tex a whole lot more than the picture of Big Snake. I don't see many snakes but when I do, I go the other way.

I don't mean to scare ya but a snake could easily hide around Big Tex's feet. Just sayin'! :D

buddy'smom 09-30-2014 06:23 AM

Oh, names will be here soon, can't wait to see who I get.. The fun begins.

Knitette 09-30-2014 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bilben (Post 6909783)
Interesting fact: The Yukon is the only place in Canada that has no snakes.

At the risk of 'hogging' this thread - even we have snakes!

buddy'smom 09-30-2014 07:28 AM

We also have snakes, when I had my koi pond they would hide in the rocks for the heat.

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6909886)
At the risk of 'hogging' this thread - even we have snakes!

Anoka Quilter 09-30-2014 07:32 AM

I hate snakes. They love to hand out in my garden and when I begin my spring cleaning they like to scare the you know what out of me. My husband can hear me scream in the house with the doors and windows closed, then he see me running into the house. I wait a good hour if not more before I head out to finish what I was doing, even when hubby does go out to move the snake someplace else.

IrishgalfromNJ 09-30-2014 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6909786)
I don't mean to scare ya but a snake could easily hide around Big Tex's feet. Just sayin'! :D

Well, Big Tex is going to might lonely if he has snakes hiding around his big 'ole boots, cause I won't be hanging around. :D

MizMelly 09-30-2014 08:00 AM

Well, I'm not getting in any big ol' hole with snakes! Out here most of the creepie crawlies are poisonous! Rattlesnakes, coral snakes, scorpions, centipedes, black widows, Gila Monsters!! Nope, not going near any hole without body armor and a large shovel! (oh yes, I'll have the big mesh tote bag slung over my shoulder, just in case there's goodies to be had).