Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

tlrnhi 10-05-2014 05:43 PM

Ready for a game?
Since everyone is wondering how many are playing this year, that's the question.
How many are playing SS this year? It's a bit less than last year and a whole lot less than 2011 where we had over 250!
So, send me your answers!!
You have until Wed @ 5pm.
Who ever is closest without going over wins!!

Charming 10-05-2014 05:48 PM

YEAYYYYYY i got my SS name. It really feels good to know what she likes and made me wonder if i was right by not asking for anything as i appreciate everything....but little hints won't hurt but actually help ):
I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND WHAT TO ASK FOR>>>>>>Ok my SS be nice to me ;-)

I am so excited as i already started buying nick nacks that are fun and cute besides the quilty stuff....muahahaha

juneayerza 10-05-2014 06:05 PM

You can always drop hints here like others do to help out you SS when your think of something. I’m cleverly disguising a hint by saying you could somehow indicate you like foundation paper piecing and orchids without just coming out and saying it as an example.

tlrnhi 10-05-2014 06:17 PM

So, everyone.....june likes paper piecing and orchids, but just doesn't want to say it out loud. lmao

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6917072)
You can always drop hints here like others do to help out you SS when your think of something. I’m cleverly disguising a hint by saying you could somehow indicate you like foundation paper piecing and orchids without just coming out and saying it as an example.

juneayerza 10-05-2014 06:55 PM

Terri, go to the hole!

omacookie 10-05-2014 07:02 PM

I now have my SS name today. Thanks . I have not found her on this thread at all. Not many hints either.

I love books in print.

VickiM 10-05-2014 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dedemac (Post 6916742)
Ok, Since Terri said all the names are out first general question. Do you actually read print books? Or have you gone to e-book? Me I do both there is something about quietly turning a page and being able to flip back to go what was that?

I've gone strictly to e-books.......love my kindle fire. Haven't figured out how to do my emails, etc. on it yet, though.:(
I have a bookcase of paperbacks still waiting to be read (mostly true & fictional murder mysteries--I know, quirky taste! :)--but, that's me!!!) So, I do not buy anymore. Wish I had more time to read!

tlrnhi 10-05-2014 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6917111)
Terri, go to the hole!

<GASP!!!> You are sending ME to the hole? Oh my!!!!

VickiM 10-05-2014 07:17 PM

Still stalking my "ss" to find out more about her...I've had a box going since the beginning of the year...& have been making lots of special things along the way...I hope she likes what I've been making...I try to do lots of personalizing stuff for a "special person" for this time of the year...it's so much fun making things I don't think they would have & could really use...so far, from stalking her & her list; I think I'm on the right track. I've found some sale things too. I've even gone to the stash. Will be still adding for a few weeks before mailing. Oh, what fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PeginCO 10-05-2014 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dedemac (Post 6916742)
Ok, Since Terri said all the names are out first general question. Do you actually read print books? Or have you gone to e-book? Me I do both there is something about quietly turning a page and being able to flip back to go what was that?

Oooh, good question. I'll be watching other people's answers! As for me, I prefer real books for pleasure or instructional reading, iPad for looking up ideas. Never enough bookmarks, right? Mostly because I always have multiple books going - a fun read, an educational read, read-alouds to the kids (we're on American Adventure series book 23 (!!) and also reading Ruth Beechick's "Adam and His Kin"), and of course quilting books.