Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

mjmachin 10-06-2014 11:01 AM

Oh, and my guess is 184.

juneayerza 10-06-2014 11:16 AM

I'm with you Neesie I like the small quilted items too. If I were your SS (but I'm not) I would make you a cute candle rug.

buddy'smom 10-06-2014 11:18 AM

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate?- Just not white.

What are your favorite fabric colors? Purple- green, teal, yellow, most any.

What are your favorite non-fabric colors? Don't think I have any???

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? LOve rulers, like all different kinds.

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have. I love paper piecing patterns.

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? XXL

Would you enjoy receiving socks? Love footsie socks.

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package, I'll be more than happy with what I receive.

juneayerza 10-06-2014 11:18 AM

My guess is 68

IrishgalfromNJ 10-06-2014 11:32 AM

Okay, I'm answering the additional questions here.

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate?
I love chocolate, but I requested that my Secret Santa partner not send any food.

What are your favorite fabric colors?
I love all colors. I can't really pick a favorite. I did mention a few different types of fabrics I like in response to Terri's questions.

What are your favorite non-fabric colors?
Again, no favorites.

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.?
I would love receiving any sewing related stuff. I have started a collection of little scissors.

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have.
No. No quilting books. I would enjoy a magazine. I don't have any.

Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type?
I love light mystery books.

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size?
No.

Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items?
Yes.

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case?
Yes. I collect pin cushions, needle cases and needle minders. I've started to do hand embroidery so all of these items get a lot of use in my studio.

Would you enjoy receiving socks?
The fuzzy socks that keep your feet warm in the winter.

I hope this helps.

ETA:

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package:

Love handmade anything.

Do you do applique? Embroidery?
Yes to applique and yes to hand embroidery.

What do you do when you're not quilting?
I spend time with my kitties, my dachshund, my daughter, my garden, crocheting, knitting and I work full time.

Neesie 10-06-2014 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6917910)
I'm with you Neesie I like the small quilted items too. If I were your SS (but I'm not) I would make you a cute candle rug.

Awwwww, a cute candle rug sounds sweet! Maybe you'll be my SS, next year! :)

Cattut 10-06-2014 01:01 PM

Since I don't post a lot and my first Secret Santa Swap I guess I better answer some of those lingering questions that were put up on the board. So temporarily out of the hole for some fresh air and daylight. Here goes:

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate? Yes to any kind of chocolate!

What are your favorite fabric colors? Any reds, purples, greens and always black and white prints

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? ALWAYS.....love little hexie templates
Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have. Any are appreciated, anything with hexagons, (latest kick)

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? XL
Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? absolutely
Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? always yes

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package. I love my cats, so anything feline is good

Cattut 10-06-2014 01:03 PM

And my guess for the number this year for the SS swap would be 163

PenniF 10-06-2014 01:25 PM

Thanks for looking out for me Neesie.....but no real problem cuz DH LOVES lima beans..:thumbdown:...so they wouldn't go to waste !!!
Been sewing like crazy....lots to get done during my week off !!!! Already have a few things done for my Giftee....shiny shimmery and fragile.....hmmmm what could it be??

djmat 10-06-2014 01:27 PM

I didn't see those extra questions, thanks for enlightening me... here are my responses.

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate? Milk chocolate!

What are your favorite fabric colors? All of them! I really love & collect small print 100% quilting cotton fabric.
Note: I have enough juvenile fabric to last until rapture.

What are your favorite non-fabric colors? Is there such a thing???? lol

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? No, thanks anyway.

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? No, thanks. Farmer's Wife (106), 50 Fabulous Stars (50), Dear Jane Stickle (123), & a bunch of others begging for attention from my shelf. A quilt can be made out of each block if need be, lotta blocks! I have been defined by my quilting group to be a purist, whatever that means.

Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type?
I love math & science books. Reading 50 Things You Should Know about the Universe, on a physics kick right now.

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? ladies XL, Please, please, please no team insignias.

Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? Love to get regional deck of playing cards to take to Bible study, we play canasta after the lesson & not for $!

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? No, thanks though.

Would you enjoy receiving socks? The fuzzy socks that keep your feet warm in the winter. Yes, please, 6.5 shoe.

I hope this helps.

ETA:

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package:

Anything that Santa wishes to send will delight me.

Do you do applique? Embroidery? Only when the pattern calls for it, but do not enjoy it much.

What do you do when you're not quilting?
I work part time. I like cooking (writing my 3rd cookbook), community service activities, fishing, reading, piloting & travel when time permits, & playing cello.

I hope this helps you Santa! Been an awfully good girl this year, maybe just awful, but working on it!
Hugs to you & the elves,
DJ