Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-time-more-important-info-added-page-one-reveal-chat-december-12-%40-7pm-est-t66738.html)

PurplePassion 11-11-2010 07:08 PM

You can pick up the flat rate boxes for free at the post office. 3 different sizes. and an envelope to mail for $4.95.

nellie 11-11-2010 09:54 PM

thank you ladies it would be cheaper for me then using ups as i always go that way ,but i,ll go with po this time around .happy thanksgiving to you all thank you ladies

Mandie 11-11-2010 10:56 PM

My Package will go out in tomorrow's mail via USPS priority with confirmation. I had SO MUCH fun Thank you for putting this swap together!!

tlrnhi 11-12-2010 03:21 AM

Flat rate boxes are usually the way to go if you have alot of things to stuff in a box. With the really small boxes starting at $4.95 and the largest at $14.95, it's really a good deal since you can stuff up to 70 pounds in the box.
Flat rate envelopes only take up to a certain amount of weight for $4.95 up to $12.95, depending on weight.

Out of country, what I do is....I ask how much the Flat Rate box will cost, how much a regular cardboard box the same size will cost and then the cost of the envelope. If I have to change what I'm mailing in, I do in order to not pay a ton of money. Sending to Canada and overseas can be costly, you just need to figure out the packaging.

Leota 11-12-2010 07:27 AM

The post office has a Flat Rate cost brochure the INCLUDES International Flat Rate costs :D I picked on up the other day. Hope this helps

Grama Lehr 11-12-2010 08:34 AM

Guess what Quilters!! I received my package from my Secret Santa!! Whoooo-hoo!
Monday, I will be mailing one to my person!!

cbridges22 11-12-2010 08:50 AM

Happy to see that my SS recipient has received there package!

lab fairy 11-12-2010 09:29 AM

I went to Office Depot and bought a bunch of multicolored mailing envelopes with the bubble wrap in them (less than $5 for 6) and use them for so many different things (you can send them priority). They are really nice to have hanging around the house when you are getting ready to ship things out.

I use flat rate boxes when I know everything won't fit in the envelope. I can really pack a box when I have to.

I've found shipping from the US to somewhere else is not the ordinary day. UPS tracks ground shipments but charges an arm and a leg, you can get tracking at the US Post Office and it will cost an arm and a leg but you have the option of just mailing it and it cost about 1/5 of what you pay for UPS. I didn't check into FedEX this year. Maybe another day.

gramqlts 11-12-2010 11:38 AM

Got my package all mailed off....it is East bound....nope, think that was South bound....or was it West bound.....oh, oh, oh, I remember now....it is North bound to the swampy low country. Good thing I am not totally senile yet.

Saw a cute bag at Walmart after going to post office and it was small black cloth bag with "COAL" wrote on front. Wish I had found that before mailing my package. Could have put some black chunks of coal in it for fun. Oh well, maybe next year! lol

jazs2 11-12-2010 11:56 AM

I received my package from my secret pal today. Can't wait to open it. Thanks Secret pal
Linda B jazs2