Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-time-more-important-info-added-page-one-reveal-chat-december-12-%40-7pm-est-t66738.html)

tlrnhi 12-03-2010 06:29 PM

Thanks everyone for stepping up and volunteering.
I won't be making any decisions until Sunday, so stay tuned....

aitcht 12-03-2010 06:59 PM

hey c'mon now...Canadian pride over here! Our customs people are just fine...it's a crazy world these days, can't be too careful. ;)

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
It shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to get to Australia. Canada is a different story. Their customs people are a pain in the butt at times.
As long as you just put less than $20 on the Customs Form, the package should have no problem getting to where it's going. BUT, and I say BUT...with the holiday mail now, it can take a bit longer. Why? No one knows....

aitcht 12-03-2010 07:03 PM

don't worry yourself about it. it's shame if someone doesnt get a parcel, but its okay. dont you go out of your way to rectify all these issues. sounds like yoube done everything you can. even if a parcel arrives late, thats okay too! you just enjoy the holiday season and dont't fret. i appreciate everything you've put into this!

i am willing to take on another SS if you need it. of course it probably get to the person a bit late, but i am happy to help. just send me a PM with the persons name and address and i'll get it out as soon as possible. easy peasy!

So far, I have 26 people who have not rec'd anything as of yet. Of those 26 people, I have 4 that I have not heard from.
I'm at a loss as to what to do.
Most I am giving the benefit of the doubt due to the mail system because some are coming from outside the US, so it could take a bit longer.
But, then again....I do/did have some people that mailed late. Some informed me of "life's issues" as to mailing late which I excused, but there are others that cannot give me a good enough excuse except they were sick.
So, what do we do?? Do we wait and keep our fingers crossed?
I've already had 5 packages sent out because of people pulling out at the last minute, so those people are taken care of, but don't know what to do about the others.
I guess I'll have to ask for the Delivery Confirmation numbers so I can check myself.

Qbee 12-03-2010 08:17 PM

Mine did??? My person in Aussie got theirs?? Cool!!!

Your person has rec'd!!

Originally Posted by maine ladybug

Originally Posted by Qbee
I'm starting to get just a bit nervous...I sent both my SS package and my Nov. Secret Pal package the same day...both went out of the country. My November Secret Pal package got there several days ago but still no word on my SS package :( I'm not going to totally freak just yet but am crossing my fingers AND toes!!

I know what you mean. I sent my SS out of country in OCTOBER and she still hasn't said that it was recieved!!!!

Leota 12-03-2010 09:41 PM

I got my SS package from my SS and an extra from someone else... there are multiple SS's out there :D

lindyline 12-04-2010 01:14 AM

real snail mail from usa to australia takes 3 - 5 weeeks, and 7 at the most. Just had a delivery from usa sent by ordinary posy, not airmail. Took 7 weeks. :thumbdown:

Mrs B 12-04-2010 02:51 AM

Have any Australians worked out when the reveal will be in Aussie time?
If I remember correctly I think EST is 15 hours behind South Aussie time. (My daughter lived in New York for a couple of years)
So the Reveal will be about 10am on Monday December 13th SA time. Anyone else worked it out?
But I am more intrigued by how will we know that it's happening? Will 200 people try to get into the Live Chat?

mcdaniel023 12-04-2010 04:40 AM

I can help, too if needed.

MISHNJIM 12-04-2010 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by craft phanatic
I am sitting here at work right now. We were told that we will be working through the next two weekends because they are shutting the plant down for Christmas week and New Years week. That means that I will miss the reveal chat but it will be nice to have off those 2 weeks. Guess we'll be heading down to Sunset Beach, NC to visit my husbands parents. I will still wait until the 12th to open my box. Maybe while I'm on break I can join in the chat. It may be difficult because at work I have to do everything on my phone and boy is the type small!

We LOVE Sunset Beach...When we 1st moved to NC and went to a BB in Myrtle Beach we left because we didn't like it and stayed the remainder of the time in Sunset Beach. It's so family oriented there. I'm sad they got rid of the original bridge. Have Fun!!

MISHNJIM 12-04-2010 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023

I can help, too if needed.

I'm in too if you need another person to help out.