Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-time-more-important-info-added-page-one-reveal-chat-december-12-%40-7pm-est-t66738.html)

Jennifer22206 10-14-2010 06:49 AM

I've purchased three fat quarters already and didn't wash them. They have a label on them and I didn't want to take that off. So I'll just leave a note that they are (obviously) not washed. Is that against the rules?

When I prewash I use baby detergent because its safe for all skin and its not scented. Plus I'm really sensitive to certain detergents. Whenever I get blocks from a swap I rinse them in my soap in case anyone used a detergent I'm sensitive toward.

tlrnhi 10-14-2010 06:52 AM


Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
I've purchased three fat quarters already and didn't wash them. They have a label on them and I didn't want to take that off. So I'll just leave a note that they are (obviously) not washed. Is that against the rules?

When I prewash I use baby detergent because its safe for all skin and its not scented. Plus I'm really sensitive to certain detergents. Whenever I get blocks from a swap I rinse them in my soap in case anyone used a detergent I'm sensitive toward.

if labels are still on the fabric, I'm thinking people will know that the fabric has not been washed. If you DO wash it, maybe put a note in saying it's already been washed.
I really have never gotten anything in a swap that said it was washed or not. I usually don't wash before I sew UNLESS it's for a swap.

This isn't Rocket Science. Don't over think things.

PurplePassion 10-14-2010 06:53 AM

Sounds good to me. Thank you

Jennifer22206 10-14-2010 06:59 AM

Awesome advice. Will do! Im having fun with this swap, I think I have a few people willing to help me steer my person on the wrong direction! Now to start thinking of ways to put my action into action!

abonda 10-14-2010 07:09 AM


Originally Posted by littleone
So I have had the boys out hunting for the grasshoppers, they are on their way in. Just have to have them dipped in chocolate. I wonder who will be getting one. We will just have to wait and see. :lol: :lol:

Oh ME Please!! That can feed my whole family for Christmas dinner.

abonda 10-14-2010 07:18 AM


Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
I won't be washing my FQs. Better to let my SS wash it in case she/he has allergies and uses a special detergent.

I agree!

Jim's Gem 10-14-2010 09:34 AM


Originally Posted by abonda

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
I won't be washing my FQs. Better to let my SS wash it in case she/he has allergies and uses a special detergent.

I agree!

Same here. I will let her/him know they are not washed. My preference is that they not be washed as well.

cbridges22 10-14-2010 10:42 AM

Wash,don't wash,I just want a pressie!

trupeach1 10-14-2010 10:51 AM


Originally Posted by abonda

Originally Posted by littleone
So I have had the boys out hunting for the grasshoppers, they are on their way in. Just have to have them dipped in chocolate. I wonder who will be getting one. We will just have to wait and see. :lol: :lol:

Oh ME Please!! That can feed my whole family for Christmas dinner.

OMG now you did it. You know when you kinda throw up but it only goes to the back of your throat. Well that just happened to me that you have Christmas dinner. Then again my vertigo hit me bad yesterday so it could have been that.

trupeach1 10-14-2010 10:53 AM


Originally Posted by cbridges22
Wash,don't wash,I just want a pressie!

DITTO as long as it was not use to blow your nose in just send it my way.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:17 AM.