Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September 2009 Doll Quilt Swap - Signup Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-2009-doll-quilt-swap-signup-closed-t24532.html)

BlueChicken 08-29-2009 07:48 PM

:shock:

Oh my goodness.... I've never measured my finished doll's quilts! I figured as long as it was smaller than my cutting board it was around the right size!

PamH 08-29-2009 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
:shock:

Oh my goodness.... I've never measured my finished doll's quilts! I figured as long as it was smaller than my cutting board it was around the right size!

I like the way you think Blue!! :lol:

omak 08-29-2009 08:30 PM

oh, I don't know ... you know, I have a tendancy to sort of just slip things by ... maybe it is time to demand that I be perfect! :wink:

k3n 08-30-2009 08:09 AM

Hi Chele!

Hope I'm not too late but I'd like to be in this one please! :D

Chele 08-30-2009 09:26 AM

No worries about size, doll quilters! The guidelines are just guidelines! You know I run a loose ship! LOL!

k3n, you're paired up with Esqmommy by request. So glad to have you back in the swap! :D

Hope everyone is having fun with their quilts.

k3n 08-30-2009 10:09 AM

Thanks Chele! And thanks esq for wanting me! :D

gaigai 08-30-2009 12:57 PM

Well, I pm'd Chele wanting you too. Guess I snoozed & loozed.

Ninnie 08-30-2009 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by omak

Originally Posted by tlrnhi

Originally Posted by omak

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
Something did not sit right with me on this quilt top so I just started it again. But I love this one.

oh, man!
The story I can tell! :shock:
I am sewing away, so happy that the little quilt is almost done, AND!
I have to start over, too!
It is TOO BIG !!!
what to do .... what to do :roll:

Too big? How much too big?
I know the ones I have sent out, once I put the edging on, they were about an inch too big, but I sent them anyway. Someone said that theirs was a couple inches smaller then the size to send, so she actually GAVE me the extra inches. So, I'm sure someone will "give" you the extra inches they didn't use on theirs. Make sense??
SEND IT ANYWAY!!!!

THAT! sounds suspiciously like "carbon credits" ... what is this world coming to??? :roll:

You can have my extra, omak! :D :D

Esqmommy 08-30-2009 03:47 PM

I won...I won, I super-duper won!!! Yea, I get to mail a doll quilt to FRANCE!!! To an English-woman no less (right??, or are you a real Frenchwoman??) My daughter said I should make you a flag, or something with a "shopping theme" since we like shopping, and she has the image that there are many clothing stores in Paris!! I thought that was cute.

About the only thing I do know is that you'll wind up with some See's, since I know you love those.

I'm so excited, I get Rhonda too - she's an AMAZING quilter...

omak 08-30-2009 06:21 PM

ahhh, Ninnie ... you would just share anything with me, wouldn't you? That is so sweet!
I still have a month - - I think I can get 'er done.
Besides, it is more fun to have my "partner" think I made a mistake <g>
I do that soooo seldom! LOL