Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September Mini Quilt Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-mini-quilt-swap-t252397.html)

Chasezzz 09-08-2014 03:33 AM

JuanitaBean and I will be able to mail this week! Woohoo! Love the sneak peak Juanita!

Krisb 09-08-2014 07:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Cheesehead--it's done so anytime you want it mailed send me your address. Love jewel tones--thank you for picking them.

Cheesehead 09-08-2014 08:54 AM

Ooooo, I like what I see!!! I still have the quilting to do on yours and then of course the binding. Hoping to finish that in the next few days and maybe we can mail out later this week:thumbup:.

kiffie2413 09-08-2014 02:32 PM

Krisb,
That sneak peek is so tantalizing... I love the gold embellished leaves alongside the grapes (I think grapes??) And with the russet brown, just lovely!! What's funny, is I usually am not a "gold/gilded/metallic" gal. But the last couple of years I LOVE the metallics!
So, you can teach an old dog new tricks...
K

JuneBillie 09-08-2014 04:27 PM

Letsquilt I have a confession to make right here in front of all. When we are not right at our post office when the lady or guy is there if expecting a package we can go later, and if anything like that came they leave a key in our private box that opens a numbered box outside on the entrance to the post office so all we have to do is open and get our package. Well, I decided to go later today, due to we have a water line problem with our water leaking somewhere so I was helping my husband with this some. There was no key left in my private box which I don't understand unless all those outside boxes were taken for today. I did get a paper saying there is a package.

The utility place said August's Bill will be 8 times higher than usual. :( So you see why we have been a bit busy. I even cancelled an appointment today due to this.

I apologize for not having my package to show tonight, and yes it shows it is delivered. I will go there tomorrow during the normal time, and make sure I get it.

Everyone expect some very pretty pictures tomorrow.

Susan- With my head hung low

JuneBillie 09-08-2014 04:31 PM

Krisb that is a very pretty sneak peek. I see the gold too.

letsquilt 09-08-2014 07:13 PM

Susan,no worries! Sounds like you have had your hands full! It's just a quilt not water running!
You don't have to hang your head low!

kiffie2413 09-09-2014 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by klaws (Post 6879253)
kiffie, do we have the same brother??? We also have the same weird sense of humor. ;)

Weird sense of humor...moi?? :p:D
Happy to meet you, "sis"! And yes, I absolutely have a very um, unique sense of humor...okay, weird, it's weird.
Regards,
A tongue in cheek Kif

Letsquilt,
You're so right! I know we all sign up for these swaps and definitely should fulfill our ends of the bargain so to speak. But I also know life happens, and if it's a person who has a "great track record" as a swapper, and it's still well within that swap timeframe, I think it's ok.

JuneBillie,
Please hold your head up and we'll all share a smile when you post pics of that wonderful mini Letsquilt sent you!

Kif

tlambing 09-09-2014 01:11 PM

You gals are all great swappers! Don't worry at all about taking your time on finishing. The mail date is not until the 30th! Things come up, and we all work at own pace.
Besides, I don't want to be the last to mail this month
Hope your water problem is an easy fix JuneBillie.

Very pretty sneak peek Krisb! Can't wait to see the whole thing.

Kiff, if we weren't mortal enemies....:p I think we'd get along very well! I have that sense of humor too!
Hope you having a great
vaca!

Teresa

JuneBillie 09-09-2014 01:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is my beautiful mini from Letsquilt. Such pretty rich colors, with some batik and other using some log cabin style around the center block. She also sent a nice card, and included a pack of note cards with my first initial on the tops. Thank you so much Letsquilt/Pat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]490888[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]490889[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]490890[/ATTACH] The quilting is also very pretty, but I didn't get it flat when I took this picture.