Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September Mug Rug Swap -- Autumn or Halloween (partner's choice) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-mug-rug-swap-autumn-halloween-partners-choice-t269007.html)

sewbizgirl 09-26-2015 05:35 PM

It's hard enough to keep the swaps straight when you are in several, but having more than one partner within the same swap just seems unnecessarily confusing. I may be unpopular for saying it, but I don't see any reason for anyone to have more than one partner per month. (Unless maybe they are helping a latecomer who didn't get a partner). It just adds to the confusion. I, for one, do not feel 'special' when my partner has more than just me to swap with that month, especially when I send ONE and the person sending to me sends and gets TWO. I'm not in charge but I'd like to see the double swapping stop.

TPr9258 09-26-2015 06:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My partner received hers but didn't post picture, so I will post it for her.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]531892[/ATTACH]

jaba 09-26-2015 06:14 PM

Sometimes there is a late last minute sign up and other times if it is an uneven number then the hostess will sit out. I always volunteer to do 2 if the hostess needs it to be included...I hate to see her have to sit out when she does the work of taking names and pairing them up. I try to make each one feel special, I always go to their profile and read it and hope they have their favorite colors, hobbies, etc. listed. It really helps me when I am making somethng that I want them to enjoy and be able to use. Just an explanation of why I sometimes have 2 partners:) and perhaps others also

sewbizgirl 09-26-2015 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7328810)
Sometimes there is a late last minute sign up and other times if it is an uneven number then the hostess will sit out. I always volunteer to do 2 if the hostess needs it to be included...I hate to see her have to sit out when she does the work of taking names and pairing them up. I try to make each one feel special, I always go to their profile and read it and hope they have their favorite colors, hobbies, etc. listed. It really helps me when I am making somethng that I want them to enjoy and be able to use. Just an explanation of why I sometimes have 2 partners:) and perhaps others also

Yup... I've had two partners for the same reason. Someone had a need. But that is different from asking for two swaps.

Not trying to shake things up, I just usually share my opinions without being asked! It's how we get to know each other... Like I said, I'm not in charge, so it isn't likely to change anytime soon.

sewbizgirl 09-26-2015 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by TPr9258 (Post 7328807)
My partner received hers but didn't post picture, so I will post it for her.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]531892[/ATTACH]

Wow, really pretty and creative leaf mug rug, Teri Lynn. You are too clever. I love those dish towels too.

klaws 09-27-2015 03:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Amandab and I were partners. We both received and thanked each other for the wonderful things we received. I have been unable to post pictures until now. The first picture is what I received from Amanda and the second picture is what I sent to her. I didn't include the goodies in the picture of what I sent.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]531913[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]531914[/ATTACH]

jaba 09-27-2015 05:29 AM

The leaf mug rug is beautiful! Amanda and klaws what a great swap for both of you, very cute! Still warm here in Wyoming, 94 yesterday but it is turning fall. Little breeze yesterday and now the lawns are covered with yellow, orange and red leaves. Need to get the mower out before they get to deep:) or maybe I should wait a couple of days until hubby gets home. Wouldn't want him to miss all the colors.....

sewbizgirl 09-27-2015 05:57 AM

Great swap, klaws and amandab. Love those adorable halloween mug rugs!

annt59 09-27-2015 07:23 AM

I am loving all of these adorable mug rugs. Looking forward to October swap.

letsquilt 09-27-2015 09:42 AM

I love all of the adorable mug rugs, I also use mine a little then display them.