Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Siggy Swap for 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/siggy-swap-2011-a-t90585.html)

turtlerouge 01-14-2011 06:42 PM

Scrappy Siggie RAIL FENCE Block Swap

6-1/2 inch UNFINISHED Scrappy Signature Blocks.

This will be a 3-rail fence of 6 1/2" unfinished block.

Directions: 2 strips of 6-1/2" long of 2-1/2" wide. These strips can be your choice of whatever colors you choose. These 2 strips are used for the top and bottom rails.

You will also need 1 strip of 6-1/2" long by 2-1/2"" wide using white. The white can be an off white, but it should be as much white as possible to see the names more clearly as this will be used to mark your information. Use a 1/4" seam allowance.

To mark your 2-1/2" strip, the best people found to mark them is using the pygma pens.

Please keep to using 100% or cotton/polyester fabric. The fabrics should be washed prior to cutting them into blocks.

The information that is required to put on the 2-1/2" strip is:

1) Your username.
2) Your real name
3) State you are from
4) What country.
5) 2011
6) Name of the swap

Blocks do not have to be all alike (a good project to use up some of those scraps) and send them to me along with a self addressed, stamped envelope for return postage, what ever it cost to send it to me, it will cost to return your blocks to you. Please be sure to put enough postage on your envelope. International swappers can pay postage contact me to make arrangements. Please be sure to include your board when mailing the blocks. It is a good practice to place your finished siggies in a plastic bag with a label on it of whom its from, that way, if the container gets wet, the blocks will remain dry, just as if your container comes open, at least the post office will see who it goes too.

This is my 1st time hosting a swap, in order to maintain my sanity, I'm going to limit the number of the swap to the 1st 56 people who sign up starting January 15th or however many people are signed up by the closing date of February 15, 2011. Please mail your blocks to me by April 15, 2011. This will allow you 2 months to get 56 blocks made.

International swappers are invited to particpate, as well as all levels of quilters.

How this swap works:

You sign up to make 56 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" 3-rail fence blocks and send them all in to me in a gallon bag with your information showing threw the bag. When I get your 50 blocks, I will send back to you 55 different blocks and 1 of your own blocks.

I will not be able to swap out any packages of blocks that arrive late. I am required to return them. This is to ensure that I'm able to meet my commitment and mail on time to those swappers who did comply with the deadline.

I am required to return any blocks that are not at least 6-1/2" square. I will also have to return any that are larger and that can't be trimmed to proper size without cutting off the siggie information. (i will not trim them. the recipients will have to do that. so, please be as careful as possible when it comes to measurements. let's don't create extra work for others.)

I will mail them back out by May 1, 2011.

And, as always, have fun doing these!

Please don't forget to check the general swap rules, as they also apply here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

***Moderator's Note From PatriceJ - because this is not a partnered swap, participants are not required to use trackable mail. it is, however, highly recommended so that any questions of whether or not a package was mailed in a timely manner can be more easily resolved.***

Link to the Activity page : http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...sp?gracnum=108

amma 01-14-2011 07:01 PM

May I make a suggestion? Maybe change the amount of participants?
50 blocks will basically only give you one layout choice for most members... 5 X 10

If you make it one of these amounts, there won't be any left over blocks :wink:

6 X 7 = 42
7 X 7 = 49
7 X 8 = 56

in your description of the block, isn't it a 3 rail, not 4 :wink:

patricej 01-15-2011 02:58 AM

i guess i had better go back to math class. i missed this completely during the review process. :? :roll: :shock:

please note the changes to 6-1/2" blocks.
the math for 4-1/2" blocks made me dizzy! :lol:

shaysmema 01-15-2011 06:30 AM

I'm in will send pm

letsquilt 01-15-2011 07:30 AM

I sent you a pm, Im in

turtlerouge 01-15-2011 07:47 AM

Okay, I have both of you signed up. Thanks~ chris

Sweetness 01-15-2011 08:04 AM

I'm in too...sounds like a good way to use stash & get stuff from all over :) PMing now.

sharon b 01-15-2011 08:33 AM

You know I am in ! Sending a PM :thumbup:

Ok Darla 01-15-2011 10:27 AM

Oh, I'm in. Thanks

lreade 01-15-2011 11:49 AM

Do we have to use only White or can we use White on White??