Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for April 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Spring Has Sprung Closes March 31st Noon EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-april-2013-doll-quilt-swap-spring-has-sprung-closes-march-31st-noon-est-t216872.html)

buslady 03-22-2013 05:27 AM

3D applique

Elisabrat 03-22-2013 05:51 AM

I am thinking I found me a willing partner to play my little game. now we need a theme.. is it.. fields of flowers? or barrels of monkeys? or in a nutshell? (that would be fun) or.. if wishes were horses... or see themes are awefully fun. a theme within a theme.. spring has sprung ..in Tahiti! Too bad no has their hands up in the air saying oh oh oh I want to do that! (grin I know your out there)..

3d applique.. like flowers made seperately then stitched onto a quilted background? interesting buslady interesting... curiosity makes me ask has anyone here done a fractured quilt block? i saw one last boom and it was facinating. looked like 10000 pieces of fabric but boy was it spectacular. I was wondering how hard it is to make....

Krystyna 03-22-2013 01:39 PM

Linda, I'm planning a fractured one now. We had to go to the house today so I decided to dig around in the attic and found a bin of weird scraps. I'm ready! And speaking of odd themes for you ... why not a 3D spring? Ha! In a nutshell? How about in a nut house? Next month is Quilty Chaos - Crazy Quilt time.

Elisabrat 03-22-2013 01:58 PM

4 Attachment(s)
ah shoot nuthouse nope live there was thinking nutshell someplace MY rear will never fit in. see I am seeing more like a SPRUNG chicken now take that into a spring theme and well it would be one unique (key word) wall hanging. I am definetely going out of the box on this one. Oh oh right after I posted the fractured quilt block comment Jaba has posted she just made one (was she listening into my thoughts again) on Anastasia Table Runner Swap and also the pic is on Secret Home Decor Swap amongst the last posted items so easy enough for everyone to go oggle. I want that I just wouldnt want to make one I fear. 1/8th inch seams? oh heck..I do that on accident. If I tried to do it wonder if I could??

I went to Pinterest for ya'all and found these pictures posted of quilts when I typed in Spring has Sprung quilts (kid you not thats what I put in):[ATTACH=CONFIG]403537[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]403539[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]403541[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]403542[/ATTACH]

Elisabrat 03-22-2013 02:02 PM

4 Attachment(s)
and tree quilts (there were a ton btw)[ATTACH=CONFIG]403544[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]403545[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]403546[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]403547[/ATTACH]

and there was a point in all that.. we can make things as simple or as complex as we like yet still turn out some pretty unique and amazing things... and we do :)

AlaskaAlice 03-22-2013 02:05 PM

Received the march DQ from hearthush yesterday. It is green baskets(dresden points) with rick rack handles, a gold Louisiana thimble. and fq.. Thank you!!
I sent mine off to her this morning. Mailed it after I had my windsheild replaced..We are expecting snow.

GirlLivingForJesus 03-22-2013 06:19 PM

I'm in!!! Spring come on already!!!!

Krystyna 03-22-2013 06:49 PM

So ready for real spring! Off topic updates: oh, nevermind. I'll put them in my QB blog.

Elisabrat 03-23-2013 02:52 AM

oh dear a lost leader....like going to show you but..nah never mind. That was good Krystyna very good. :)

woke up at 3:00 worried I wouldnt wake up in time at 5 so here I sit. not much to do at 3 am. sigh. another beautiful sunny day in California but its starting out kinda cold here..36 a bit fresh. back under the down blanket I go. heck with popsicle toes.

paperpieceme 03-23-2013 05:37 AM

i am in! i had so much fun last month i think i will try this again.