Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for April 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Spring Has Sprung Closes March 31st Noon EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-april-2013-doll-quilt-swap-spring-has-sprung-closes-march-31st-noon-est-t216872.html)

Lynnie25 05-16-2013 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6065980)
Oooo! You bet I do! I wonder what customs will think of THAT? But we'll have to make a trade. Think of something you'd like. Maybe a wee label quilt?

So I spent a little time this afternoon getting some labels for Krystyna. My goodness, until you really look at the labels on your clothes, you don't realise just how many of them are actually made in an Asian country - I did finally manage to find some that had 'Made in Australia' on them, some don't even say where they were made. What an interesting exercise!!

The only downside was that the sizes on the labels seemed to go up and not down :( :(

Krystyna 05-16-2013 03:39 AM

Christine (Dabbler) I love those pinwheels. What a sweet quilt!

Lynnie, yes those sizes. Sad indeed. But more to hug! Gotta find the bright side in all of this! The label exercise was much more interesting years ago when we were all likely to find things made in the USA -- or in your case, Australia. At that point in my life I wasn't really thinking about country of origin, but when I did, it was quite a shocker.

On a related note, DH and I went to two "craft" fairs over the weekend. There was only a single booth with items made by the person selling and that was some quite awful soap. She did have some very lovely soap but they were made in Australia! Everything else at these craft fairs was made in China, India or Korea ... and I suspect Mexico and China for the Peruvian crafts. I didn't bother to look. Very disheartening for those of us who actually made things.

BertieD 05-16-2013 04:05 AM

Ooooo! I love the little 3-d pinwheels! Nice job, dabbler312.

JuanitaBean 05-16-2013 10:18 AM

dabbler312 love your DQ

dabbler312 05-16-2013 10:48 AM

Krystyna - thank you for the labels story; I love the styles from the late 40's - 60's. I used to appreciate finding clothes that were made in the USA/America - blouses had a little more sleeve length; I buy my clothes extra big for me so that I can get at least a 3/4 sleeve length from long sleeves; not really my ideal but I dislike long sleeves that end just below the elbow. Thank goodness summer is here now - t-shirts and short sleeves - YEA Happy Dance!

buslady 05-16-2013 11:06 AM

Beautiful quilt! I love the 3D, I have one started that is similar only baby pattern. Love the laabel storey, K. My fingers won't type. Anyway, I asked in the May swap before I read this, so sorry! LOL I see a mission in my future.

Krystyna 05-16-2013 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by buslady (Post 6067570)
Beautiful quilt! I love the 3D, I have one started that is similar only baby pattern. Love the laabel storey, K. My fingers won't type. Anyway, I asked in the May swap before I read this, so sorry! LOL I see a mission in my future.

You asked for fingers???

buslady 05-16-2013 11:21 AM

Maybe fingers taht do what they are told.

Krystyna 05-16-2013 11:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]413861[/ATTACH]

Onalee, are you talking to your fingers again?

Jean D 05-16-2013 11:45 AM

Ohhhhhh in luv with pinwheel quilt! Beautiful!