Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign up for August 2013 Doll Quilt Swap! B&W with a Blast of Color! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-august-2013-doll-quilt-swap-b-w-blast-color-t226106.html)

MdmSew'n'Sew 08-18-2013 06:07 PM

I just pinned the binding to the front of my DQ for QuiltingCrazy, it will be completed sometime this week, probably Thursday or Friday night, in the mail by Saturday ... I'm really enjoying the process ... hope she likes it when it wends its way south :)

Elisabrat 08-18-2013 07:11 PM

Wow I am such an beginner compared to some of you! I need a few classes I think before I can proudly show my art work :) more silly stuff than real stuff like you ladies. Bravo!

kwiltkrazy 08-18-2013 08:06 PM

Keep your head up Elisabrat, we all were beginners at one time, and we understand. I can't believe how much better I have gotten since I joined this group. All that matters is that you try your best. I have received some first doll quilts, and I cherish them, they are very special, like your child taking its first steps. Keep with it, you'll only get better.

Lynnie25 08-18-2013 08:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Monday = play day with my black and white scraps and this is what has been achieved for the day...LOL I get sidetracked so easily !!!

Of course, there was a 1001 other quilty projects I should have been working on. These will form part of a 'quilt' for my outdoor black,white and red quilt show early next year. I will post pics of the others as I get them done.

Lynnie25 08-18-2013 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6242180)
Wow I am such an beginner compared to some of you! I need a few classes I think before I can proudly show my art work :) more silly stuff than real stuff like you ladies. Bravo!

Brat, yes we were all beginners once and some days I feel I still am a beginner !! I love your 'silly stuff', keep it coming - just like the roasted chicken in your avatar :)

jaba 08-19-2013 05:05 AM

Your "silly stuff" is way harder than "real" stuff. I wouldn't even know where to begin making a basking sun chicken. Or Bertie's paper pieced faces. Went to that web site, took they're little quiz, saw the pattern.....needless to say I saved some printer ink by not printing it out. No way, no how

dabbler312 08-19-2013 06:03 AM

I'm with you on that one jaba - saved myself a lot of headaches thinking I would try something like that - not today nor tomorrow - maybe in another life time.

dabbler312 08-19-2013 06:50 AM

Lynnie25 - love your use of the skirt.

Waiting for my partner to send me her mailing address.......toe tapping - I'm still waiting - hopefully she sends it soon - would love to ship her package off.

luvstoquilt 08-19-2013 11:44 AM

OMG Brat, I love your little quilts. I wish I had 1/2 as much talent. Message to all...if I get your name please know I am trying my very best to make a great little quilt! I am afraid mine pale by everyone elses.

sistahdebbra 08-19-2013 02:57 PM

Okay, finish with GrandmaDi's quilt. Will take to PO in the morning. Hope you like it Grand Di!