Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign up for August 2013 Doll Quilt Swap! B&W with a Blast of Color! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-august-2013-doll-quilt-swap-b-w-blast-color-t226106.html)

sistahdebbra 09-10-2013 07:37 AM

Dabbler312, loving the awesome quilt and man that pink is popping hot.

Cogito 09-10-2013 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 (Post 6284785)
Thanks everyone for the compliments - the quilt is paper pieced and the pattern is called Indian Summer.
I've had it a long time - I downloaded it free from the internet and have been waiting to make into a quilt; this months theme was the perfect opportunity - Lynnie25 and now Sienna's GiGi are the only two recipients of quilts I have ever made using paper pieced method. It's what I love about these small quilts - you can practice a new method without getting overwhelmed by the process.

You can still get this free pattern from Craftsy.com

MdmSew'n'Sew 09-11-2013 04:15 PM

I'm so upset ... I mailed my dq to quiltingkrazy on August 31st, priority mail ... but the envelope was held up in Kearny, NJ for 5 days - finally arrived in NC the day before she went on vacation ... and was held by the PO down there - so she hasn't seen it yet, won't get it until next week when she returns - I think I'm more anxious for her to see it than she is! Stay tuned for the picture when she finally gets to open the envelope-everyone's quilts are so great, I hope mine isn't an anticlimax after all the others.

Mamaskeeto 09-11-2013 04:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I didn't see Siena's GiGi post a picture of the DQ I sent her. I did receive a pm a few days ago that it was received and she would be bringing the mug rug to work. She is one of those wonderful people who serves her country, that's why I did the mug rug in red, white and blue.

dabbler312 09-11-2013 07:52 PM

Mamaskeeto we must have been on the same wave length when we were deciding fabrics - what are the chances we would both choose to use pink as the accent color with the black and white. I love the mug rug you included - way to acknowledge her service to our country. I love the half white half black flowers with the pink center.

Sienna's GiGi was going to be having some sort of medical procedure and out of commission for short bit - it was suppose to take place around the time our doll quilts arrived in Germany maybe that's why she didn't get them posted.

Cheesehead 09-12-2013 04:09 AM

Mamaskeeto, that is such a pretty quilt! I love how those colors look together, and the mug rug you included is really cool. Jan

Mamaskeeto 09-13-2013 11:53 AM

dabbler312 I was thinking the same thing when you posted the picture of your quilt. Love how the pink pops on our quilts.

Originally Posted by dabbler312 (Post 6288228)
Mamaskeeto we must have been on the same wave length when we were deciding fabrics - what are the chances we would both choose to use pink as the accent color with the black and white. I love the mug rug you included - way to acknowledge her service to our country. I love the half white half black flowers with the pink center.

Sienna's GiGi was going to be having some sort of medical procedure and out of commission for short bit - it was suppose to take place around the time our doll quilts arrived in Germany maybe that's why she didn't get them posted.

Mamaskeeto 09-13-2013 11:57 AM

Jan that mug rug was made using the little twister tool. I've have the template for about a year (won it at quilt guild) and never used it. I saw a mug rug made with it and the rest was history. I think I've made about 15 of them so far. I made a few for Halloween but the bulk are being made for Christmas and a to give out with a cookie exchange.

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 6288519)
Mamaskeeto, that is such a pretty quilt! I love how those colors look together, and the mug rug you included is really cool. Jan

dabbler312 09-13-2013 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mamaskeeto (Post 6291671)
Jan that mug rug was made using the little twister tool. I've have the template for about a year (won it at quilt guild) and never used it. I saw a mug rug made with it and the rest was history. I think I've made about 15 of them so far. I made a few for Halloween but the bulk are being made for Christmas and a to give out with a cookie exchange.

I have one of those little twister templates - is it the smallest one or the one that's about 2-1/2"?
I have a pattern book that's out of circulation from the first time around - templates weren't near as sturdy as what's available now. Great idea to make and include with cookie exchange - I'll have to borrow that if we do an exchange again this year.

Mamaskeeto 09-15-2013 06:07 AM

The template I used is 3 1/2" square you use 5" squares. I do have a smaller one which I think is 1 1/2 or 2 inces square that you use 2 1/2 squares. The go together so fast and I'm trying to burn through some holiday fabric. So if I make some for the cookie exchange we do at work and some for my family and some for the girls in my civil war group I'll be doing good. I was bad however and bought some Christmas fabric yesterday at my LQS. My goal was to burn through fabric. Oh we'll!

QUOTE=dabbler312;6291822]I have one of those little twister templates - is it the smallest one or the one that's about 2-1/2"?
I have a pattern book that's out of circulation from the first time around - templates weren't near as sturdy as what's available now. Great idea to make and include with cookie exchange - I'll have to borrow that if we do an exchange again this year.[/QUOTE]