Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up July 2013 47th Doll Quilt Swap - Self Portrait and/or Where I Live (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-july-2013-47th-doll-quilt-swap-self-portrait-where-i-live-t223865.html)

Krystyna 06-23-2013 12:06 PM

Paperpieceme (aka crazy person) no more caffeine for you today!

Lynnie25 06-23-2013 08:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So I made a start on my 'self portrait' quilt for this swap - and spent some time quilting it at the weekend. DH saw it and wants me to keep it as he loves it - says it reminds him of me many years ago (I assume he means the rounded bottom and slim waist) so I will take that as a compliment as I don't think my rear end has ever looked that good in or out of a polka dot bathing suit :) :) :)

Anyhoo, I have had to think up another little quilty idea and I won't show him this one - just a pic when it's half way across the Pacific !

BuzzinBumble 06-23-2013 08:35 PM

Lynnie that is Completely Fabulous! You should design and market a whole line of patterns like this! And your hubby is very romantic and sweet! :thumbup:

BertieD 06-24-2013 03:42 AM

I like your self portrait, Lynnie. That's sweet that your hubby wants you to keep it! Better keep him, too!

Cogito 06-24-2013 03:58 AM

Wow Lynnie25!
That looks way out of my capability range......I have been contemplating sitting this month out. Very talented! Too bad your hubby snagged it I bet someone would love to receive that but then again I have no doubt you will make something equally lovely. I am such a darn traditional piecer don't know how to approach this theme.....

Elisabrat 06-24-2013 05:35 AM

oh dear Lord if I had that of me currently in a bathing suite it would be one WIDE wall hanging! I survived the trip to Wyoming!!! We are here, enjoying the gracious hosting by Jaba (Jan) on the quilting board. We will slowly move over into the apartment today and tomorrow. I can hardly wait to be set up. The drive was one big adventure, serenaded by my three cats for a good hour and a half before they gave up and decided to hate me! Boy were they displeased. Now they are sleeping over in the greenhouse outside a new adventure again. I think they are sick of new adventures and ready for their furniture right now! off to clinic today, unpack today, maybe even grocery shop other than that not much at all. busy busy beavers. Next month I am in for another dq. maybe I can unearth my sewing machine by then!

Annaquilts 06-24-2013 05:42 AM

Lynnie it is adorable! I am sure you can come up with an equally adorable DQ for your swap partner.

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 6139905)
So I made a start on my 'self portrait' quilt for this swap - and spent some time quilting it at the weekend. DH saw it and wants me to keep it as he loves it - says it reminds him of me many years ago (I assume he means the rounded bottom and slim waist) so I will take that as a compliment as I don't think my rear end has ever looked that good in or out of a polka dot bathing suit :) :) :)

Anyhoo, I have had to think up another little quilty idea and I won't show him this one - just a pic when it's half way across the Pacific !

Annaquilts 06-24-2013 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6140348)
oh dear Lord if I had that of me currently in a bathing suite it would be one WIDE wall hanging! I survived the trip to Wyoming!!! We are here, enjoying the gracious hosting by Jaba (Jan) on the quilting board. We will slowly move over into the apartment today and tomorrow. I can hardly wait to be set up. The drive was one big adventure, serenaded by my three cats for a good hour and a half before they gave up and decided to hate me! Boy were they displeased. Now they are sleeping over in the greenhouse outside a new adventure again. I think they are sick of new adventures and ready for their furniture right now! off to clinic today, unpack today, maybe even grocery shop other than that not much at all. busy busy beavers. Next month I am in for another dq. maybe I can unearth my sewing machine by then!

So glad you made it elisabrat! I hear you about the cats and hope they settle in soon. Maybe once they see all their stuff (furniture) it will seem like home again.

Annaquilts 06-24-2013 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble (Post 6139934)
Lynnie that is Completely Fabulous! You should design and market a whole line of patterns like this! And your hubby is very romantic and sweet! :thumbup:

I was thinking the same thing. You could sell this pattern girl. Maybe try etsy?

Annaquilts 06-24-2013 05:58 AM

I am also skipping this month but will be checking in to see all the cute DQs and to visit with all of you. Today my DQ from June (red, white and blue) is going out to luvstoquilt.