Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for June 2012 Doll Quilt Swap Closes Noon EST May 31st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2012-doll-quilt-swap-closes-noon-est-may-31st-t189337.html)

rwquilts 06-13-2012 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5285876)
and then you have to worry about those people with a "dry " sense of humor....you know...like finding it humorous not to put on binding if one hates doing binding.....just saying...

LOL! How funny...but then again...not so funny???? This could end up offending someone if a person's sense of humor doesn't match a partner's perhaps? I love the idea, but probably not for the whole group...I agree it's a bit limiting, and yes, how does one made a traditionally pieced quilt "funny" without it just looking like you made a big "woops"??? I love applique, but some of youse guys don't ..."yet". LOL! :) Just cause it scares us is no reason to not jump right in and do it cause quilters are fearless, right??? :):):)

Krystyna 06-13-2012 08:01 AM

Here's what I'm *thinking* about for August ... since I have tons of pieces cut out for an Amish type quilt ... how about SOLIDS? No prints of any kind allowed. What do you think? And if you want to add an intentional "oops" -- also known as a humility block or patch, you can.

BuzzinBumble 06-13-2012 08:41 AM

Oooh Krystyna! I've always wanted to try an all solid Amish style quilt, after years of admiring them so!

goldsberry921 06-13-2012 10:46 AM

That sounds very interesting!!! I like that idea.. um did I miss the "idea" for July?

Krystyna 06-13-2012 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by goldsberry921 (Post 5286448)
That sounds very interesting!!! I like that idea.. um did I miss the "idea" for July?

July is patriotic!

IrelandDragonQuilting 06-13-2012 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5285054)
ok, solved the foot problem by painting over the ties with 'water'. i put a face on her, bleah. and 96'd the umbrella, both size, and why would you have an umbrella while tubing? at first i saw her in a pool, but realized she'd have more fun tubing! that's the way pictures go sometimes! working title is ' i remember golden summers'. feel free to suggest a better one! we are having a wonderful day of rain, so the ladies and i took a nap. woke up and wasn't sure if it was tuesday or wednesday , so called dh. my computer wasn't working and i needed a reality check. i live a very loosely structured life, lol!

How about a big ol straw hat, I know when I go tubing I love my straw hat! That might help with the face? Since it sounds like you did not like it?

Needlegrammy 06-13-2012 06:19 PM

I missed the July theme too ! Patriotic sounds good . I have been missing alot ....not getting all the post!

I like the solids idea! Would love to do an Amish quilt.

nancia 06-13-2012 07:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
hmmmm...what if you're not into solids and only do liquids? just sayin'.....

here is memories of golden summers made for n2scrplvr, with joy!

nancia 06-13-2012 07:45 PM

please be sure to tilt your monitor to get saturated color. the back is turquoise fabric i hand dyed.
i don't know how to foot dye it. i have trouble with feet--remember?! lol, attack of the sillies:D

brenda21 06-13-2012 08:55 PM

it turned out great Nancia!