Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2013-quilting-board-46th-doll-quilt-swap-red-white-blue-t222124.html)

BuzzinBumble 06-05-2013 05:53 AM

My thoughts and prayers are winging upward for Handi and her mother, and for Robin and Linda. I do not like seeing that they are very noticeably absent from this thread.

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6104997)
There are so many amazing quilters who keep up their spirits despite illness, heartache and so many trials. They keep on quilting. What an inspiration to all of us.

Quilting is a healing passion and can take us through some very hard times.

On another note: Jaba that is an Oof-dah batch of asparagus for sure! It it great that youa re getting so much cleaning done.

Cogito that must have been really fun having parents that ignited your curiosity!

Krystyna, how amazing that you can speak so many different languages - That is QUITE impressive!
I have a small quilt almost finished - it is not red white and blue though. I made it with jillnjo in mind several months ago. So I could also be her substitute if her partner does not come through.

jillnjo 06-05-2013 06:23 AM

I did PM my partner and I don't think she has posted since then, so maybe she hasn't seen my note. Anyway, I'd be delighted to be anyone's partner!! Just let me know whatever works out.
Good health is such a blessing and one we think of often as we get older, used to take it for granted, I suppose. Hope the ladies are feeling better and can be quilting soon.

Krystyna 06-05-2013 06:47 AM

Let's just sit tight for a day and see if she turns up. Ms Grace, I'll let you know. Waiting to see what happens with a couple of situations.

Back to stitching the table topper that Elisabrat talked me into.

Krystyna 06-05-2013 06:48 AM

oooo!!! I'm so excited! Just got an email that USPS Click n Ship is now offering international first class! Whooohooo!

BertieD 06-05-2013 03:26 PM

Well, Sistahdebbra, I worked on your Red White and Blue today. Three sides to hand bind and put the label on and it's done! HIP, HIP, HOORAY! It certainly had a mind of its own because it didn't turn out quite the way I had planned but I am very satisfied with it so far. Now if the quilting gremlins don't whisper in my ear any more, I'll finish it up tomorrow and get it in the mail to you by Friday, for sure! This is one of those I'd definitely like to keep because the fabrics are so unique!

wanda lou 06-06-2013 05:33 AM

working away on Quiltermommas little quilt.

BertieD 06-06-2013 10:58 AM

These are truly one of a kind little quilts. Yours is on its way, SistahDebbra. I being presumptious but you're gonna love it!

BuzzinBumble 06-06-2013 11:02 AM

Ooftah Bertie! You are amazing! TWO quilts finished and sent for this month and today is only the 6th! I haven't even taken scissors to fabric yet. Can't wait to see the pictures!

TOOMANYUFO'S 06-06-2013 12:04 PM

I received my red, white & blue quilt from Jaba. It was quite a surprise, it is in the shape of a star. I would love to have the pattern if you be so kind as to tell me where you got it. Thank you so much. I plan on using it on my kitchen table. I will post a pic in a little, headed out sewing tonight.

BertieD 06-06-2013 12:10 PM

Ooftah, BuzzinBumble, lol! Not amazing -- stitching when I should be dusting, cooking, mopping, etc. but that's no fun! The hardest part is coming up with what you're going to make. If I have an idea, I'm already ahead of the game. When I get started having fun, I just can't stop unless I get stumped along the way. I ran into a small glitsch on this latest one but I punted and added more fabric, haha.