Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2013-quilting-board-46th-doll-quilt-swap-red-white-blue-t222124.html)

createfourpaws 06-14-2013 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 6121909)
Some sad news this morning for our family and a request for prayers. My daughter, that came home to the USA this week from serving as a missionary in Africa for a year, is in the hospital with malaria. She has a 2 month old baby boy. They are in Texas and with her husband's family. Her mother in law is taking care of the baby now. She had been nursing the baby up till now. Please for those that pray to hold them in prayers. Also they were in between insurances so that is an added worry. I am feeling so sad and helpless right now.

Praying for your daughter and her family. Where in Texas are they? I am in the Dallas area.

Annaquilts 06-14-2013 09:19 AM

Cindy I send you a pm.

Annaquilts 06-14-2013 09:23 AM

I just received news they will change the medication so she can nurse her 2 month old. Thank you for your prayers. I am so glad she is in Texas and has good medical care plus the support of her family in law. At this point they believe she might be released tomorrow with additional home care.

createfourpaws 06-14-2013 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 6121970)
I just received news they will change the medication so she can nurse her 2 month old. Thank you for your prayers. I am so glad she is in Texas and has good medical care plus the support of her family in law. At this point they believe she might be released tomorrow with additional home care.

that is awesome news.

NanaKathy55 06-14-2013 10:39 AM

5 Attachment(s)
This is a picture of my beautiful RWB doll quilt from Omacookie..it is wonderful..Thanks again Cookie
Also I am showing you the whole quilt and then the 4 different blocks

Krystyna 06-14-2013 10:55 AM

Anna, how awful for your daughter and the little one. Prayers going up for a speedy recovery.

Omacookie, what a darling little quilt! I love the buttons! They add so much.

Progress update on the one I'm making for Lara -- the binding is going on NOW!!!

TOOMANYUFO'S 06-14-2013 12:55 PM

Annaquilts will keep your family in our prayers.

Krystyna 06-14-2013 04:48 PM

It's done!!!! I used a technique I've never used before and one that I think will be one of my favorites. I quilted the heck out of it and ... well I like it! I hope Lara does, too!

Krystyna 06-14-2013 05:31 PM

And ... a photo is hiding somewhere on the QB. No peeking, Lara!

Jean D 06-14-2013 05:39 PM

Prayers for your family Annaquilts. You'll sleep better tonight knowing she gets to go home soon with her little one! Nice red,white and blues! Mine is put together and will start stitching on it tomorrow-yeah! My favorite part! We are getting storms blowing up within an hour here - and it just pours rain! I don't think but half of the crops are in yet, not good for any of us that eats!