Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up May 2013 Doll Quilt Swap - Theme Quilty Chaos - Crazy Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-may-2013-doll-quilt-swap-theme-quilty-chaos-crazy-quilts-t219288.html)

Crazy Quiltin Robin 05-07-2013 05:44 PM

Random acts of kindness 2013

2 Attachment(s)
Today I spent half the day in the hospital getting massive amounts of antibotics for a small infection
I have aquired ..... one big shot in the butt and tons of tests that just might effect the stemcell harvest
next Tue. but God is with me only 10 days of antibotics and tons of water to wash the bugs out of
my system ..... came home and went to bed ..... when I woke up my DH was sitting on the edge of the bed with with a hand full of cards from the mail ..... ladies you made a bad day good ..... I simply love you all .... I woul love to thank :Buslady, NanaKathy55,LJDugas31, Goldsberry921,Luvstoquilt, Alaska Alice, Saduzy, BertieD, and
Martha T. you are quilty angels ........ thanks so much for cheering me up and the lace and the heart and angel
were so awesome ..... thanks for being such wonderful people ..... quilty hugsand love from my sicky bed ....
P.S. what was that with N.C.I.S. ????? Any fans here?

buslady 05-08-2013 04:27 AM

I am so glad we could put some spark in your day. God Bless.

Krystyna 05-08-2013 05:22 AM

Robin, there are more on the way! Watched NCIS ... I guess the plot thickens with Gibbs in hot water.

Elisabrat 05-08-2013 05:27 AM

Go slow young lady and stay home away from all those germs at the market and such.. give your body time to heal. I think you have God on your side and things will be ok. I know you have lots of love from lots of your quilting friends. You are strong. Believe in this.

BertieD 05-08-2013 07:01 AM

Robin, I love N.C.I.S. but don't know what happened in last show. Krystyna said Gibbs is in hot water. ?? I got hooked on "Person of Interest," "Golden Boy" and "Blue Bloods" so now I HAVE to be sure to watch final episodes next week!

buslady 05-08-2013 08:16 AM

I'm terrible. Or great. depends on how you look at it. I watch all of the above!! Tape them all, and whenever possible watch them commercial free! :D What kind of hot water is Gibbs in? Who is Red John? What will John do with his new found information? How will they get the gangs under control? Oh, and not to forget, What's up with Hetti? Does anyone watch Bones? How about Greys Anatomy? Then the other side of the coin. Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly? When in the world do I find time to sew? LOL

luvstoquilt 05-08-2013 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by BertieD (Post 6047883)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]412021[/ATTACH] I'm a

OMG...you have the Michael Miller giraffe fabric????? I love that!!!

luvstoquilt 05-08-2013 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jean D (Post 6048156)
Yes Bertie-I make little button dolls, some are rabbits, some are very "original" and shabby, I go to junk stores and buy old rag dolls and fill a shelf by my sewing machine with them, I look at them often, I just love them, not sure why. Lately I've been finding little doll clothes at the stores so I get those and make little wire hangers and hang them up too! Funny what we like.

Please, please send a picture...I love to play with dolls, too!

Robin take care and get rid of the infection..thoughts are with you and love is all around.
Krystyna I saw a quilt made with wool squares and it wasn't even lined..it was beautiful.
Buslady I loved the sneak peak...it looks so pretty.

I mailed my quilt today ...Bertie you said I was fast and you mailed yours before I did!LOL

BertieD 05-08-2013 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by buslady (Post 6052295)
I'm terrible. Or great. depends on how you look at it. I watch all of the above!! Tape them all, and whenever possible watch them commercial free! :D What kind of hot water is Gibbs in? Who is Red John? What will John do with his new found information? How will they get the gangs under control? Oh, and not to forget, What's up with Hetti? Does anyone watch Bones? How about Greys Anatomy? Then the other side of the coin. Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly? When in the world do I find time to sew? LOL

Red John is the guy who killed The Mentalist's family and he's been trying to catch him ever since. Kind of like "The Fugitive" story with David Jansen from way back. Don't know what's going on with Hetti--she's kind of a strange character. Watched "Bones" a couple of times, never watched Greys Anatomy and watched the Big Bang Theory til the main character got a girlfriend. Kind of ruined it but it's so silly it is kind of funny--like the ole "Get Smart" show.

BertieD 05-08-2013 12:51 PM

I assumed the theme for May and had started something early but everyone knows what happens when you "assume" something. Not a clue what June's theme will be so will have to wait til June 1 to start that one, lol!