Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up May 2013 Doll Quilt Swap - Theme Quilty Chaos - Crazy Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-may-2013-doll-quilt-swap-theme-quilty-chaos-crazy-quilts-t219288.html)

Annaquilts 05-18-2013 08:56 AM

Juanitabean you ar one lucky lady. Buslady the Crazy DQ you made is adorable and look at all the goodies!

Annaquilts 05-18-2013 08:57 AM

Paperpieceme, what an adorable Doll quilt you made for Bilben. Nice fabric giftie too. Enjoy it Bilben!

BertieD 05-18-2013 08:59 AM

I would say a 12" wide x 22" long quilt for an American Girl 18" doll. Sounds about right to me. Could maybe go on their website to doublecheck.

Annaquilts 05-18-2013 09:00 AM

And another cute as can be DQ from Ms Grace to Jean D. Now how cute is that wee little sewing machine? Yummy fabric gifties too.

Difergie 05-18-2013 09:20 AM

thanks Bertied !

Originally Posted by BertieD (Post 6071218)
I would say a 12" wide x 22" long quilt for an American Girl 18" doll. Sounds about right to me. Could maybe go on their website to doublecheck.

Linny 05-18-2013 12:35 PM

Ms Grace-Love your little sewing machine....so cute............and Buslady the fabrics and flowers are so sweet in your little quilt....love seeing them all come in.
Bertie-your spool bed is too cute accessories are too.

Krystyna 05-18-2013 04:13 PM

Bertie, that bed is adorable! You need to show us what's under the skirt! And I think you need some teeny tiny doll quilts so you can change it out now and again.
No spools for me. I used to buy tons of thread at estate sales to use for piecing -- you can't beat a shopping bag full for $5! I was saving the wooden spools in a huge pickle jar. For what? Who knows. I was a pack rat. I guess I still am but it needs to be seriously curtailed with no room.

Originally Posted by BertieD (Post 6071165)
Gotta keep this up on top, haha. Are you getting tired of hearing about my collections yet?

You know, I think we oughta send all the wooden spools to Krystyna when we send her labels. She could then make wreaths out of them!

BertieD 05-18-2013 04:40 PM

Why, Krystyna, there are dust bunnies and boxes of fabric under the doll bed's skirt. No respectable dolly would be caught without'em! Actually Barbie probably kicked her slippers under the bed! And I did make a redwork horse quilt that is probably just about the right size for that bed. Hmmmmm? Wonder what I did with it? I have so-o many treasures in this house that I haven't seen in some time since I got swallowed up by The Quilting Board, haha.

BertieD 05-18-2013 04:42 PM

Oh, and I have a large pickle jar so if anyone wants to send me wooden spools, they can. My empty round oatmeal box is full! Now is that a conundrum? How can something be empty and full at the same time? Well, it was empty and then I filled it with wooden spools so now it is full.

Krystyna 05-18-2013 05:02 PM

Yep, the QB can certainly swallow time. And then there's Pinterest. Evil invention.