Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up May 2013 Doll Quilt Swap - Theme Quilty Chaos - Crazy Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-may-2013-doll-quilt-swap-theme-quilty-chaos-crazy-quilts-t219288.html)

BuzzinBumble 05-24-2013 07:04 AM

Cogito, your quilt sneak peak is so pretty! But what does "frew" mean?

Cogito 05-24-2013 07:10 AM

Haha, I did not spell it the correct French way....Frou Frou for ease in pronouncing :) It means: showy or frilly ornamentation. I meant it came out a little more feminine looking than I originally envisioned. But I love it!

Cogito 05-24-2013 07:19 AM

Lara, I just noticed your Sig line and I love, love, love it! That is going to be my new mantra. :thumbup:

BuzzinBumble 05-24-2013 07:39 AM

Mercy Buckoo Cogito! :o LOL
"Little girly" feminine is why it is so sweet!

luvstoquilt 05-24-2013 07:50 AM

Love the quilt..love vintage! Krystyna, I hope you can just do a "comb over" and hope it is an easy booboo to fix.

Robin so glad you are home...around here we wear ball caps when we lose our hair!

Happy Birthday, Nancy...Krystyna sent you some great cakes!!!

Bertie you still use those pink curlers??? My sister loved "spoolies". Oh my goodness!

Krystyna 05-24-2013 08:03 AM

I might just get rid of it all in solidarity with Robin. Waaaaay back in the late 1960s when I was living in a yoga ashram (don't ask) I had hair that was almost down to my knees. The guy in charge told me I was too attached to my hair and to cut it. I did. Two friends from the ashram who were beauticians went to work on it after hours ... and if memory serves there was some "herbal enhancement" of their skills involved. They kept snipping and snipping and it got really short. Because it was so used to the weight of the long hair, it just boinged up and I looked like a squirrel! I should mention that I was working at National Lampoon magazine at the time ... Chevy Chase owned the townhouse next door to the ashram ... and suffice it to say, my new hair-do gave them some wonderful material.

Cogito 05-24-2013 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6082711)
I might just get rid of it all in solidarity with Robin. Waaaaay back in the late 1960s when I was living in a yoga ashram (don't ask) I had hair that was almost down to my knees. The guy in charge told me I was too attached to my hair and to cut it. I did. Two friends from the ashram who were beauticians went to work on it after hours ... and if memory serves there was some "herbal enhancement" of their skills involved. They kept snipping and snipping and it got really short. Because it was so used to the weight of the long hair, it just boinged up and I looked like a squirrel! I should mention that I was working at National Lampoon magazine at the time ... Chevy Chase owned the townhouse next door to the ashram ... and suffice it to say, my new hair-do gave them some wonderful material.

Wow, your life sounds FUN!!! Wish I lived closer, would love all the stories.

KimmieH 05-24-2013 08:31 AM

my may dq from LilRain

1 Attachment(s)
im a bad swap partner..and late in thanking LilRain for this sew pretty gift!! Ive been down with a sinus infection and out of touch here on the board......but bouncing back ! Here is a pic.......i just love the pink/green and they way she pieced it. She even hand sewn the binding!!!!

Krystyna 05-24-2013 08:49 AM

Oooo! I love that color combination!

createfourpaws 05-24-2013 09:21 AM

Working on the embelishments on my crazy quilt and almost had to start all over. I forgot to change the plate from straight stitch to the zigziag plate.....UGH I still may have to remake. I am have a small hole in the middle and if I can't find something to applique over it I will remake. I can keep this one for me. Good thing I don't go back to work until Tuesday.

Will see what happens.