Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-november-2012-doll-quilt-swap-thanksgiving-im-thankful-t203738.html)

QuiltingKrazy 12-16-2012 06:55 AM

I have no doubt they will show up at some time Lynnie and Nancia..... It might be more of a New Year's suprise but what a way to start the new year off!

nancia 12-17-2012 07:02 AM

SURPRISE!!! THE AUSTRALIAN POSTAL SERVICE IS MORE ON THE BALL THAN THE USPS! SHOCKING!!!
i have received a most wonderful dq from down under! i knew you are good, lyn, but this exceeds even my expectations! lyn is grateful for coffee, quilting and the qb ! i will post pictures soon. i have taken the pictures but i had an accident with an acrylic ruler and my toe. i believe it is broken as well as cut. so i have taken a little something to better cope. soon i will get up and process them, just not tooo soon! oh, yeah. the ruler is fine. other people get attacked by rotary cutters, and i get attacked by a ruler? so embarrassing!:thumbdown::shock:

buslady 12-17-2012 07:18 AM

Been there, done that. We can be red together. OR, we could take the cure together? LOL Remember when Pepsi came in a 16 oz. glass bottle? I dropped one on my foot. Broke the middle toe. Hurt like HEdouble hockey sticks!! They don't do anything for it, either. I think every time mine would start to heal, I would stub it. Did I mention, my middle toe is my longest toe. Now THAT is embarassing. LOL

Lynnie25 12-18-2012 12:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh my Nancia, I didn't think my little DQ would cause you to harm yourself :) Hope you heal soon, was it your foot pedal foot??

Here is a pic of the DQ I sent - nancia can post other pics later if she wants to. 'What I Am Thankful For' is coffee, quilting and my QB friends - things I think all quilters are thankful for every day.

hobbykat1955 12-18-2012 01:37 PM

Lynnie25...How cute is that...and yes, I think we are all Thankful for those items...

rwquilts 12-18-2012 03:09 PM

Lynnie25, your DQ is adorable! I love your coffee mugs! In my case they would be for tea or hot chocolate, but still wonderful! Love the colors you used!

lynnie 12-18-2012 03:28 PM

Lynnie25, love your quilt.
lynnie

Lynnie25 12-18-2012 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 5727910)
Lynnie25, your DQ is adorable! I love your coffee mugs! In my case they would be for tea or hot chocolate, but still wonderful! Love the colors you used!

Ronda, I am addicted to Chai Latte so that is what is in my mug or plain milky tea when I am at home :)

QuiltingKrazy 12-19-2012 03:47 PM

Lynnie, you amaze me with your talent! how you thought to combine your love of quilting and coffee into "quilty mugs" i have no idea! LOVE IT!

nancia 12-19-2012 03:53 PM

lyn, i'm so glad you posted! my camera spit out 288 pictures into my laptop, and now my laptop won't let me access any of them GRRRRRRR! sometimes i hate technology! when dh gets home i will plop the lt into his lap and hope he can deal with it! the toe is getting better. i wear dansko shoes which are similar to the 'boot' they put your foot in. it means i don't have to attach it to any other toes. most of the time it's comfortable, but sadly it is my pedal foot and i run my pedal bare footed:(. i guess i'll have to use the stitching button. i have a lot to do!! again, lyn thanks so much for the wondrous dq! all i would add are my dh and my fuzzy 4's, not necessarily in that order, lol!!