Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Spring 1.5" block swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/spring-1-5%22-block-swap-t112233.html)

Twisted Quilter 06-18-2011 06:42 AM

Stamps have been done for weeks, guess it's time to get them in the mail. I have about 1 1/2 hrs. before the post office closes. Wish me luck! :lol:

KarenBarnes 06-18-2011 07:48 AM

Mine went out yesterday! Yahoo!

Evie 06-18-2011 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
Mine went out yesterday! Yahoo!

Mine too! Can't wait till we start getting them back. :D

ThunderSissydale 06-18-2011 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Joyce Ann
Wow They are all so beautiful

dsb38327 06-18-2011 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Missi
A huge thank you to Gigix12 and dsb38327 who sent me 41 sets today to be given out this swap just because. They want nothing in return just had all these small scraps and couldn't use them. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad they arrived safely. I took them in a zip lock bag to Mr. not friendly at the post office a few blocks away. I said "I need something to put these in". This person has never been really nice to me. He said "What are these?". I told him what a postage stamp quilt is and how people need so many fabrics so they trade squares. He reach over for that little box, taped it for me and I started filling it. The kits fit perfectly and yet I wouldn't have had a space for another kit in that little box. We visited a good 30 minutes. He inherited a quilt that is over 100 years old. His eyes glistened as he talked about it. Hoping he will be nice to be now. :)
I do enjoy collecting the squares and sending them because I understand your addition. I made a couple squares from some I had left. I thought it was fun.
Gigix12 donated 99% of the fabric. I cut and mailed the squares. I enjoyed doing it.
(Missy, there is an envelope inside the box too. Be sure to open it.)

Twisted Quilter 06-19-2011 08:13 AM

A big 'THANK YOU' to Gigix12 and dsb38327 for sending us extra stamps. They will surely be put to use!

dsb38327, glad you found a new friend at the post office. I ran into his twin brother at my post office yesterday. :-( I hope I get someone else the next time I go.

booklady 06-20-2011 07:27 AM

Missi, I'm taking my stamps to the post office this morning. Thanks again for hosting the swap!

Missi 06-20-2011 12:50 PM

Packages are rolling in I wish we could get a few more swappers.

FQ Stash Queen 06-21-2011 06:21 PM

Missi, can we just send you a priority stamp and self addressed label? Do you have any priority envelopes you can use to send them back? Mine should be going out in next few days.

Missi 06-22-2011 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
Missi, can we just send you a priority stamp and self addressed label? Do you have any priority envelopes you can use to send them back? Mine should be going out in next few days.

Yep I can grab the envelope at the post office. Sometimes I get those mailed the same day I drop off the ones with the SASE other times it takes an extra day or two.