Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Summer 1.5" Swap - Sign-up Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/summer-1-5%22-swap-sign-up-closed-t142366.html)

Vicky K 08-07-2011 10:31 AM

Can you clarify for me the fabric requirements?

1 set of 50 - can not have duplicate fabric
2 sets of 50 - can be the exact same fabrics as long as there are no duplicates in each set

sorry for asking the same question as before but someone's answer made me second guess the requirements.

thanks
Vicky K

Twisted Quilter 08-07-2011 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Vicky K
Can you clarify for me the fabric requirements?

1 set of 50 - can not have duplicate fabric
2 sets of 50 - can be the exact same fabrics as long as there are no duplicates in each set

sorry for asking the same question as before but someone's answer made me second guess the requirements.

thanks
Vicky K

That's correct! :thumbup:

NCquilter 08-07-2011 01:56 PM

I think I have the 1.5" postage stamp bug. I've been looking at different postage stamp quilts online. I was planning on doing just 2 sets, but I just kept cutting and now I have 20 sets. LOL

plainjane 08-07-2011 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by NCquilter
I think I have the 1.5" postage stamp bug. I've been looking at different postage stamp quilts online. I was planning on doing just 2 sets, but I just kept cutting and now I have 20 sets. LOL

Me too! I have narrowed down all activities to 1.5 swaps - I need about three or four more. Some online stores have had fat 1/4 bundles (usually about 25 ea bundle) that averages out $1-$1.50 for each fat quarter - Mystery bundles are the best-unique from each store. So, I have a lot of fat 1/4's to cut my squares from.

booklady 08-07-2011 04:25 PM

I was able to pick up a couple packs of 1.5 stamps when I stopped at Keepsake Quilting this summer. They were in the summer sale bin at 25% off so I got them for $.75!

Originally Posted by plainjane

Me too! I have narrowed down all activities to 1.5 swaps - I need about three or four more. Some online stores have had fat 1/4 bundles (usually about 25 ea bundle) that averages out $1-$1.50 for each fat quarter - Mystery bundles are the best-unique from each store. So, I have a lot of fat 1/4's to cut my squares from.

HummerGardenCrafts 08-07-2011 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
hummer you think an hour drive is close? well my far may not seem far to you. joann's is about 45 min or 35 miles from me. to a 10-15 min driving person, that is far to just drop in to shop around for bargains. i have a local quilt shop near me but their fabric is $10.99-13.99 per yard and clearance is half those prices. i go to hancock's sometimes also. i order alot from thousands of bolts, hancocks of paducah, 5bucksayard, fabric depot, melinda's or beverly's, all quilt shop quality. thousands of bolts & melindas has remnants to purchase.

i'm trying hard not to be the one who wins by dying with the most fabric. when i visit estate sales in my area, i see firsthand how much sewers/quilters/crafters have the potential to overbuy. i gave most of my stash away and am in recovery (being a collector). if i go to one of those joann sales and find all of those bargains.... i'm sure i will see a relapse in my future.

My kids are going to have a time going through all my craft stuff if anything ever happens I can't craft any more. I have plastic totes full. Bolts of fabric. And so much other craft supplies. I would even hate to take a count on my fabrics.

HummerGardenCrafts 08-07-2011 05:53 PM

Last night I went through my fabrics and I do have 50 different ones, so if there is still room, I'd like to do 2 sets. I'll PM you.

Oh boy! So glad you had enough. I have mine laying on my ironing board up at the other house. I'll try to cut mine out tomorrow. That is after I can my tomatoes. They won't wait. It shouldn't take me to long to do them. I don't have but maybe a half bushel to do.

HummerGardenCrafts 08-07-2011 05:55 PM

Oh my goodness! You've been busy!!!

Leann 08-07-2011 06:26 PM

I am wondering about postage. What can I expect it to cost to mail?

TIA.
Lynne

Havplenty 08-07-2011 07:28 PM

lynne it depends on how you package them and how many sets you send. i send 20 sets using the jewelry sized baggies and my postage averages at $2.30 - $2.50. remember you will also need to include a stamped return envelope to have your stamps returned so you will be paying postage both ways.

Originally Posted by Leann
I am wondering about postage. What can I expect it to cost to mail?

TIA.
Lynne