Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Summer 2012 Postage Stamp Squares Swap-Sign up closes 9/15/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/summer-2012-postage-stamp-squares-swap-sign-up-closes-9-15-2012-a-t194702.html)

barri1 09-18-2012 03:49 AM

Hi Honchey,
Right now I have all the nice little pieces lined up in aluminum trays in color order. I had to go over them to make sure all were the right size, and I didn't have any duplicates. I got a couple of duplicates, and put them in a bag to swap out. I had a problem with a bag of squares from another swap that were not true to size. Some were bigger, and some where smaller.. I didn't have the patience to go through them, and tossed them. When I am ready to start, I am going to toss all the trays in a shopping bag, and shake up good, and take out two at a time, and chain stitch. Now that I think of it, I could start doing a couple at a time in between other things I'm working on. That is after I get the squares from this swap It is mindless work,but relaxing.

Quilts39 09-18-2012 09:44 AM

So sorry, Mariposa - I forgot to include my board name. OOOPS! I use different ones for different boards, and being new to this one, well, when I got to the post office and saw that it wasn't on my baggies I couldn't remember for the life of me which name I used for Quiltingboard! Sad, sad...but, I'm pretty sure it's quilts39. We will see what comes up on my post! LOL! Anyhow, I'm glad they arrived okay. :)
Sherry in SC

Quilts39 09-18-2012 09:45 AM

Heheheee...I was right! Yay! The old brain is working today. :)

boilerbarb 09-18-2012 10:13 AM

On the way to the post office to mail my stamps. Too much going on right now, I almost forgot. Can't wait to get my baggies. There is an extra for doing all this plus money for ther return postage., Have a great day.

Mariposa 09-18-2012 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Quilts39 (Post 5523763)
So sorry, Mariposa - I forgot to include my board name. OOOPS! I use different ones for different boards, and being new to this one, well, when I got to the post office and saw that it wasn't on my baggies I couldn't remember for the life of me which name I used for Quiltingboard! Sad, sad...but, I'm pretty sure it's quilts39. We will see what comes up on my post! LOL! Anyhow, I'm glad they arrived okay. :)
Sherry in SC

Sherry-- they did arrive okay! :) Thanks!

Honchey 09-18-2012 06:10 PM

Barri, what do you do after the first 2 together?

barri1 09-19-2012 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 5524774)
Barri, what do you do after the first 2 together?

Hi Honchey,
You grab another set, and sew those together, and then grab another set, and you keep going. I like to sew five sets, and then sew them in a line, and then start adding rows. I make ten piece rows which equals 10". So it makes a 10" square. then you sew the 10" squares to each other, and you are on your way to a quilt top.
I can't wait to start.

Honchey 09-19-2012 04:44 AM

Barri1, I am going to try your method but I'm going to have to put blinders on so as not to pick and choose...are ther any colors you don't like to use??

Evie 09-19-2012 07:18 AM

Hi, Barri1 and Honchey: This is what I'm doing with my little treasures. I'm kind of a control freak so my stamps are more-or-less sorted by color. I sew two as leaders and enders while working on other projects then sew those into 4-patch units, which I square up before sewing them into my finished blocks. I've found I get better results putting my 64-patch blocks together with 4-patch units rather than doing it by the strip method. Sewing 4-patch units together you only have to match 3 seams at each step, until the very last one, when there are 7 seams to match. I've got about 70 blocks ready to put into a top, whenever that day comes. ;)

barri1 09-19-2012 10:13 AM

Hi Evie,
I have to think about what you are saying. I'm swapped at work, and reading my emails at lunch.