Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Summer 5" Charm Swap - Color Theme: (Purples) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/summer-5-charm-swap-color-theme-purples-t288971.html)

MizMelly 06-21-2017 10:33 AM

I only load 4 layers at a time because I've had the same problem. And make sure the fabric is wrinkle free because it will set the wrinkles too! (and distort the square).

redstilettos 06-21-2017 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys (Post 7848527)
I am so excited. I was browsing Craigslist and found an Accuquilt Go with 10 dies for $150. The guy did not know what it was and had spelled the name wrong. I am picking it up this afternoon. I am so excited. One of the dies is a 5 inch square!!!!

Oh that is one SWEET deal you got there!!! I have one, too. I am going to purchase the 5" square one that Mz Melly was talking about. I think it would come in handy. I have the value die for the 2.5" charm, and I have used it to death. Maybe I should look into getting the (9) 2.5" squares instead. Just not sure how often I will be joining a charm swap. Although I will say they ARE a blast! :)

So happy for you and the good find!

jaba 06-21-2017 05:49 PM

red- I just found the thread listing tonight. I haven't sent you a "join PM"....I don't know if I have the proper purples or not. I have a lot of purple since it is my favorite color, but some have white backgrounds.....I'll have to look and if I have enough I will send you a PM then

jlt37869 06-21-2017 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7848895)
red- I just found the thread listing tonight. I haven't sent you a "join PM"....I don't know if I have the proper purples or not. I have a lot of purple since it is my favorite color, but some have white backgrounds.....I'll have to look and if I have enough I will send you a PM then

I think white backgrounds are fine, so I hope you join the swap. But, if not, and you want to do a side swap, just PM me. I have lots of purples to share!

redstilettos 06-22-2017 04:41 AM

Jaba: as long as they are primarily purple it's all good. I've seen pics of your stash...>I think you'll be fine ;) But let me know if you want to join. No pressure!

sunrise450 06-22-2017 06:09 AM

I just PM'd Red and joined in. OOPs! Forgot to say how many bags I will send. Red it will be 10 again. Just want to say here that a white background is fine with me. I feel like I have too many darks and would welcome the lighter shades.

Crispy_Frog 06-22-2017 09:27 AM

What city has 119 degrees? But is it a "dry heat" as they say? I was in New Mexico and it got up to 115, and it still felt better than the 103 humid Dallas weather.

Speaking of Accuquilt....I love mine and didn't have trouble with the 2.5" die for the small candy swap. The 5" die catches in the corners of the die like crazy. There are multiple threads that I have to snip on each square. I tried it with different fabric. Assorted multiples, singles. Is there a trick that I am missing?

sewbizgirl 06-22-2017 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Crispy_Frog (Post 7849363)
What city has 119 degrees? But is it a "dry heat" as they say? I was in New Mexico and it got up to 115, and it still felt better than the 103 humid Dallas weather.

Speaking of Accuquilt....I love mine and didn't have trouble with the 2.5" die for the small candy swap. The 5" die catches in the corners of the die like crazy. There are multiple threads that I have to snip on each square. I tried it with different fabric. Assorted multiples, singles. Is there a trick that I am missing?

That's how they do... unfortunately. And those blades dull too soon. I am really not impressed with the Go Cutter, for this reason. Used to use mine a lot for 5" squares but with all the additional picking and snipping I feel like I can cut more accurately and just about as fast with my rulers and rotary.

Faintly Artistic 06-22-2017 09:41 AM

Phoenix has hit 121° in the past. Yes, it's a dry heat, but when you go outside, it's like walking into an oven. Still beats Florida's heat and humidity! My hubby has an outdoor job and it is brutal. This time of year work slows a little and they try to be done by noon.

MizMelly 06-22-2017 10:36 AM

I've lived in the desert since the 70's and yes, it's gotten much hotter as the population and inner city has grown. We always joke about it being a "dry heat", but hot is hot, and June is usually the worst month for dry heat! I get my errands done as early as possible in the morning and then hibernate the rest of the afternoon. We sacrifice 3-4 months of deadly heat for the 8 months of wonderful weather, and never having to shovel snow!
Anyway, I only wish that the stores would follow suit and open earlier in the day. I had to get labwork done this AM, and went at 7:00 AM expecting there to be the usual crush. Not a soul. I guess the heat scared them off. I was in and out of there in 15 minutes!
Oh, our all time highest temp ever was in 1990, June 26th to be exact when the mercury hit 122. We fried an egg on the sidewalk at work just to see how it would work. It was a little slow to cook....!!