Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   "Ugly" Fabric Swap/Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/ugly-fabric-swap-challenge-t180131.html)

Nexxus831 02-27-2012 08:33 PM

I saw that the flat rate envelopes the post office gives you were 5.30. How are you guys getting 2yds of fabric for 2.70? If you guys can share that with me then I am all for the cheaper rate. I know here in WA we are paying $4.05 for gas so any little bit of money we all can save would be nice. I just don't use the post office much until now. Thanks for all the help my fellow quilters

cjr 02-28-2012 09:27 AM

I thought I signed up for this swap, but do not see my name on your list. Count me in.

missgigglewings 02-28-2012 10:02 AM

What list...I don't see a list.

Nexxus831 02-28-2012 07:44 PM

I hadn't posted a list I was just asking a couple people if they were gonna join us. Here is the list though. If you find yourself missing please drop me a line.

mmonohon
cjr
mom-6
atpegsquiltstudio
BarbaraSue
MdmSew'n'Sew
JenniePenny
Cattyqwltr
playswithcolor
missgigglewings

moonrise 02-28-2012 08:10 PM

Okay, I finally had a chance to go through my stash. A few months ago, I got a "special" piece of fabric in a random remnant box that I just KNOW someone would "love" to receive! Ha ha! :D (Did Moda actually make this? Usually their fabric is pretty. This fabric ... not so much. But it says Moda all over the selvage! ;))

I'll PM my info shortly, and will get this "lovely" fabric washed and ready to mail either this evening or tomorrow. :)

JenniePenny 02-29-2012 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 (Post 5014864)
I saw that the flat rate envelopes the post office gives you were 5.30. How are you guys getting 2yds of fabric for 2.70? If you guys can share that with me then I am all for the cheaper rate. I know here in WA we are paying $4.05 for gas so any little bit of money we all can save would be nice. I just don't use the post office much until now. Thanks for all the help my fellow quilters

We can ship first class, which is just one class below priority. In my experience, it really only takes ONE extra day to get to its destination versus using Priority.
My suggestion is this:
Everybody pick up a 3 pack of 6"x9" manilla envelopes (found at drug stores, office supply stores, grocery stores.) Put 2 regular stamps on one envelope, then fold this envelope in half, and put it, along with your 1/3 yard ugly fabric, into the second envelope and mail to our host. This may cost just over $1- check with your post office. The price difference is due to the envelope inside. Keep the third envelope for a future use. I have a scale and also mail out little packages twice a week, so I know that 1/3 yard will be fine with just two stamps on a 6"x9" envelope.

Thanks! I will wash my ugly fabric tonight and send to our host soon.

Nexxus831 02-29-2012 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny (Post 5018929)
Everybody pick up a 3 pack of 6"x9" manilla envelopes (found at drug stores, office supply stores, grocery stores.) Put 2 regular stamps on one envelope, then fold this envelope in half, and put it, along with your 1/3 yard ugly fabric, into the second envelope and mail to our host. This may cost just over $1- check with your post office. The price difference is due to the envelope inside. Keep the third envelope for a future use. I have a scale and also mail out little packages twice a week, so I know that 1/3 yard will be fine with just two stamps on a 6"x9" envelope.

I am all for anyone who wants to do this. It also saves me time also. I will try to reinforce the "seams" in the envelope with some tape too just so that it arrives to you all safely.

Thanks for all the shipping help,
Melinda

Foxflower 02-29-2012 08:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I would love to see pictures of these "ugly" fabrics! here are 2 I'm considering for this swap. Anybody want to vote on which one I send?

Mustard and white. I have over 2/3 yard. It's a vintage Peter Pan fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]316485[/ATTACH]
This is rust and is a little bigger than a fat 1/3.

Nexxus831 02-29-2012 10:10 PM

I would vote for the rust one.

JenniePenny 03-01-2012 03:06 AM

Oh Foxflower, yes the rust one is slightly uglier than the mustard.