Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Wall Hanging Swap July - October 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/wall-hanging-swap-july-october-2014-a-t249306.html)

JNCT14 09-18-2014 02:24 PM

Thanks Ube! The picture doesnt really do it justice. I did SiD on the stars and meandered the background. I also meandered the moon background. Its a little different than the traditional WH. Maybe I listened to too much Earth, Wind and Fire when I was making it!��

Rhonda 09-18-2014 06:19 PM

You are always so on the ball miss JNCT! Love your wall hanging.

I will start a mail list next month about mid month.

cjr 09-24-2014 02:11 PM

Hi All,
Have not posted much here because I've been very busy sewing on many projects.

My Fall wall hanging needs to be quilted and bound. I'm definitely in. This will finish over the weekend. had to many ideas, finally decided what to do and am making several, one for swap, one for me, one for one of my daughters, one to donate and one for my craft fairs.

JNCT14 09-24-2014 04:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought you guys would like this. All the pieces appliqued to the background were created with Crayola crayons. I am thinking about doing another one for the swap if I can come up with a idea. It was fun to do.

jaba 09-24-2014 05:09 PM

I like that one JNCT, those fall colors I guess. Wish I knew what my partner would like better, have changed my mind and now have a fall one, a Christmas one and an inspirational one. What do I send????

Rhonda 09-24-2014 09:23 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Oohh really like that J I love pumpkins LOL I've read about using crayons but never tried it.

My mom has paint sticks. they are just like crayons. She had me draw a vine design on a dresser. The paint sticks are like fat crayons. and i used a knife to sharpen the end tho they are more crumbly than crayons. they also get rounded really quickly with use.

I'm going to post this to show on the reg board but here is a pic of what I did for her.

This sits on her screened in porch at least for right now.

The rt side isn't as good as the left but it isn't easy to redo. It would have to be stripped to do it over.
The smudged places is where I removed some leaves etc and Mom is working on cleaning those areas up more.

JNCT14 09-25-2014 01:36 AM

I didn't even know you could get paint sticks! I saw a preview of a tute on Craftsy and modified the technique to make it easier. I really like your vines - now I have to look for paint sticks.....and come up with a design for another WH........

JNCT14 09-25-2014 01:38 AM

Hey jaba once I got my partner name I sent an email with pics and gave her a choice.

Rhonda 09-25-2014 01:46 AM

J I'm not sure if you can still buy them. these are some Mom has had for several years. But it's worth a try.

jaba 09-25-2014 05:55 AM

Good idea, think I will do that too. I'd forgotten it wasn't a secret swap.