Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Wall Hanging Swap March-June 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/wall-hanging-swap-march-june-2014-a-t242386.html)

JNCT14 03-25-2014 12:31 AM

That is so cute! I am handcquilting my second WH and will post pics when done.

ube quilting 03-25-2014 02:41 PM

@ pbadder, Sweeeeet!
peace

JNCT14 03-26-2014 07:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the Dresden Plate variation I was playing with. I don't have fabrics with repeats so I decided to make my own. I sewed 1.25" strips of different colors to the top and bottom of a 3.5" strip to make a 5" wedge. I sewed the top of the wedge, right sides together and turned it inside out to make the point. I sewed 5 of these together, alternating the colored points and appliqued to a 7.5" white square, turning the curved bottom edge under. As you can see you can have a lot of fun with this design - it can be scrappy, you can use Stack N Whack, you can create your own repeats as I did - lots of possibilities. This may be a WH, but I may turn it into a quilt - depends on how ambitious I get.

JNCT14 03-26-2014 07:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a WH that is in reserve for a possible angel need. Still hand quilting it....

Rhonda 03-26-2014 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by JNCT14 (Post 6645642)
Here is the Dresden Plate variation I was playing with. I don't have fabrics with repeats so I decided to make my own. I sewed 1.25" strips of different colors to the top and bottom of a 3.5" strip to make a 5" wedge. I sewed the top of the wedge, right sides together and turned it inside out to make the point. I sewed 5 of these together, alternating the colored points and appliqued to a 7.5" white square, turning the curved bottom edge under. As you can see you can have a lot of fun with this design - it can be scrappy, you can use Stack N Whack, you can create your own repeats as I did - lots of possibilities. This may be a WH, but I may turn it into a quilt - depends on how ambitious I get.

Wow J I never would have thought of this. I love love love love love it! Now my thoughts are churning. LOL

ube quilting 03-26-2014 12:39 PM

Both DPs are very cool, one traditional and the fabrics are great along with the pink & blk. This pattern when using a fan or drunkards path block, as I know it, is called Bunting. I really like it, J.

The 2nd has a very modern and fun look. Totally different from a typical DP. I like this interpretation too.
You rock, J.
peace

EDIT: My DH wants to know if the traditional one is going to be in the swap?:D
peace

JNCT14 03-26-2014 01:24 PM

Haha if by traditional you mean the pink and grey one I am not sure. I might turn it into a quilt. But since we have time and like Rhonda I have ideas brewing, I might ditch my mixed media one and do another DP variant. I really like how the pink/grey is coming out. Plus I will get to do some neat FMQ in it.

Likethedog 03-30-2014 04:27 PM

I finally figured out what I'm going to do for my wallhanging. It has something to do with gardening.

letsquilt 03-31-2014 08:12 AM

I just signed up for this and I must say I love all the quilts so far, they are so pretty! I'm going to get started so I can post a picture of progress.

Rhonda 03-31-2014 09:45 AM

anyone can sign up at any time as long as you have a wall hanging ready to mail by June 30th
Only those who let me know they are ready to mail will get an address on July 1st.

Signing up doesn't tie you down to having to have one done. IF you don't get done on time you can wait and send it on the next swap. NO pressure at all.

Welcome Anoke Quilter! Glad you joined us!

1.Likethedog
2.Mariah
3.JNCT14
4.Lv2sew2011
5.Aurora
6.Ube Quilting
7.quiltymom
8.skaduzy
9.pbadder
10Anoke Quilter
11Letsquilt