Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Winter 2012 Postage Stamp (1.5") Squares Swap-Sign up closes 1/15/13 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/winter-2012-postage-stamp-1-5-squares-swap-sign-up-closes-1-15-13-a-t208390.html)

Mariposa 01-02-2013 12:26 PM

HI April! Yes, 30 sets is doable! :)

marytoddliz 01-03-2013 12:30 AM

I sent mine to you yesterday (It is after midnight so I had to think about that) Should arrive on Sat and confirmation # is 0312 3190 0002 1051 5221

Our post office was also closed at noon on New Years Eve, and I stay up and sew very late... so I was arriving at PO after they were closed! I really do need to start reading the notices that are posted! And did some one say postage is going up!!! Yikes not again!

Mariposa 01-03-2013 06:06 AM

Yes, postage rates are going up, starting Jan. 27th.

LovingIzabella 01-03-2013 11:37 AM

They can be any color or print correct?
Hugs
April

Mariposa 01-03-2013 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella (Post 5759580)
They can be any color or print correct?
Hugs
April

Yes, any quilting cottons will be great! :)

barri1 01-06-2013 06:03 AM

If you guys see volcanic eruption coming from the north east coast of the US, it will be from a small town on an island a couple of miles from NYC...Actually, it will be coming from Woodmere Blvd.
I mailed my package to Mariposa... but before I did.. I ordered the padded flat rate envelopes online, and printed my labels.. So far. So good.. Took the nice packages to the P.O., and was told that they would be cheaper to put it into a different Tyavek envelope. I wrote up the labels, and went to a different clerk, as the first one was helping another person. What should've cost me about $5.30 X 2, ended up costing about $11 X 2.. I don't understand how the clerks in the P.O. don't know what they are doing.. These clerks aren't new on the job. They have been here for years. My mistake was not taking my package, and going to another P.O. I wanted to make sure it got out, and didn't want to take the chance, and run into a time crunch.. I thought it didn't make sense, but have been putting in major hours at work, and was really tired.

Mariposa 01-06-2013 09:17 AM

Barri- you will like the padded FRE's. Especially the newew ones! :) And cost $5.30 to send. Not sure of new rates coming ~~

barri1 01-06-2013 09:57 AM

Mariposa,
I was using the FRE. I had gotten them a couple of weeks ago, and the guy was saying the only FRE were the cardboard. Two guys were saying it. It ticks me off that they don't know what they are doing. These are guys that have been in the position for at least 15-20 years. I live in a very affluent area, and the people have an attitude that money is no object, and I see the clerks in the stores have an attitude that they don't give a damn. The people that work here, don't live here. There are a lot of things that I am seeing that are getting progressively worse. A couple of them are the attitude of entitlement. The guy with the DDS plates parking in the bus stop to run in for a bagel.. The guy that parked in the middle of Central Ave to use the ATM machine. I was riding my bike. Couldn't go arround him on the right, as there was a car parked.. Couldn't go around him on the left, as there was traffic. Had to either wait, or bring the bike on the sidewalk..

Pink Lady 01-07-2013 07:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am in sending you a PM:) Was not sure I would make this swap but love those little squares. My asthma been bad and just starting to put xmas things away.Hope to take my tree down tomorrow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]386427[/ATTACH]
Good thing it does not have needles.

Hope you all are having a great day.
Kendra

Mariposa 01-09-2013 09:11 PM

Barri-- I got your package today! I'll send you a PM too~