Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Winter 2012 Postage Stamp (1.5") Squares Swap-Sign up closes 1/15/13 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/winter-2012-postage-stamp-1-5-squares-swap-sign-up-closes-1-15-13-a-t208390.html)

Mariposa 01-27-2013 07:06 PM

sew4nin- I'll be watching for your package!

SheriR 01-27-2013 07:25 PM

Mine should be in the mail tomorrow....I'm such a bad example...

Mariposa 01-28-2013 07:44 AM

Sheri-- we still love ya! ;)

dottie dodge 01-28-2013 02:43 PM

My squares are in the mail!!!! Wasn't sure I was going to be able to finish this swap. Two weeks ago tomorrow I was washing dishing, in a hurry of course, and shoved my hand into a glass and it broke, making a nice slice across the top of my knuckle . Trip to the ER and 5 stitches later I wasn't able to use my rotary cutter until Thursday. Haven't done dishes for almost two weeks. I think my husband is liking the idea of a dish washer. Any way, my finger is still sore and somewhat stiff and I can only stand to use the rotary cutter for short periods of time. But it will get better.

Mariposa 01-28-2013 03:18 PM

*dottie, I'm glad you have healed up, and your squares are on their way! :)

barri1 01-28-2013 04:55 PM

I'm so glad you sent your squares out.. I so look forward to all the squares from friends.. and you guys need to get yelled at long distance.. PROCRASTINATION will be tolerated with good excuses!!!!
As for your finger Dottie.. Ouch.. I've seen tons of sutured fingers, and 85% of the time, the laceration is from a glass in the sink.. I haven't done it yet, but will let you join the club!!! Feel better..

dottie dodge 01-28-2013 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by barri1 (Post 5821316)
I'm so glad you sent your squares out.. I so look forward to all the squares from friends.. and you guys need to get yelled at long distance.. PROCRASTINATION will be tolerated with good excuses!!!!
As for your finger Dottie.. Ouch.. I've seen tons of sutured fingers, and 85% of the time, the laceration is from a glass in the sink.. I haven't done it yet, but will let you join the club!!! Feel better..

Thanks Barri! I have plastic glasses on my list of things I need. I couldn't believe I had cut myself like that and was thankful to find out that I didn't catch any tendons. Until you don't have full use of your pointer finger you have no idea how much you use it and when it is sore how many times you hit it! Even had to switch my mouse to my left hand. But I did sew a bunch of squares together so all was not lost! Ha Ha And I did not have to wash dishes! LOL

Evie 01-29-2013 08:15 AM

It seems so long ago when we signed up! Waiting patiently . . . . Mariposa, if we don't have enough swappers I don't mind duplicates, so if needed you can double up on what you send me. I am determined to put these little charmers into an actual quilt this year. :)

barri1 01-29-2013 03:39 PM

Evie,
I have that in mind, too.. It scares me to think of all the squares I have. I wonder how many quilts I can make. I still have to finish a project with four of the same quilts involved. It's a QAYG, and I still have to put them all together.. I also have a play mat that has to be finished before the baby gets too old for it.. Ughhh

sew4nin 01-29-2013 05:03 PM

Thanks for confirming what I have known all along - washing dishes is bad for you:D

Originally Posted by dottie dodge (Post 5821024)
My squares are in the mail!!!! Wasn't sure I was going to be able to finish this swap. Two weeks ago tomorrow I was washing dishing, in a hurry of course, and shoved my hand into a glass and it broke, making a nice slice across the top of my knuckle . Trip to the ER and 5 stitches later I wasn't able to use my rotary cutter until Thursday. Haven't done dishes for almost two weeks. I think my husband is liking the idea of a dish washer. Any way, my finger is still sore and somewhat stiff and I can only stand to use the rotary cutter for short periods of time. But it will get better.