Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Winter Themed 12.5 Block Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/winter-themed-12-5-block-swap-t289715.html)

K-Roll 08-10-2017 04:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Love all the posted blocks, the colors and ideas are so lively. You all are real go-getters, and they are beautiful.
Have been staying off the Board (houseguests, backyard renovation, jumbled busy-ness is my August so far).
Also I did not want to post until I had something to show.

I vowed to do piecing this time as my skills at piecing are hit-or-miss. First I DID piece a green spectrum and then cut out shapes to make my trees... then was applique-ing by hand (the snowdrift and trunk) before I realized it! The tree foliage is machine-appliqued, my first time using a variable-colored thread.
I know it's simple but it still took a long time!
So here it is, untrimmed yet but will be 12.5" as agreed. I hope to follow a pattern for my next set in order to do an entirely pieced block from a book I have.

K-Roll 08-10-2017 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I forgot I also made this last week, my daughter gave me a book on Japanese quilting and I attempted one of the projects for her birthday.
Those are her 2 dogs on the little pouch - a 'pooch pouch'...;)

cuppy 08-10-2017 04:21 PM

Love that pooch pouch.

Libster 08-11-2017 07:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I knocked out my 4th set this morning. It's a Door Wreath.

Muse&Sew 08-11-2017 08:19 AM

K-Roll I love your cute dog bag! Really fun. Your tree will be a fun addition.

Libster you're on a roll. Such fun blocks you've been making.

Muse&Sew 08-11-2017 08:21 AM

Hi Red,

Thanks for the tip! I'm always looking for new idea's.

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 7884115)
"So red you have any good tips you use for organizing your sewing room? Hope it goes well."
Muse and Sew

I have tons of organizational pieces in my sewing room. The closet is full of drawers in cubby holes and shelving to be able to put things away where they are easily found again. Under my quilting table there are plastic storage units that are pull out drawers to store swap blocks, ready to be quilted tops with their backings and items I use for the quilting table. My sewing desk is also my cutting table. It is perfect being an L shape. In the corner I have placed two tall plastic storage units that holds drawers of mostly threads with some tools. Above my sewing desk there is cabinetry like you would see in a kitchen but white melamine to hold fabric and kits. I store my fabrics by season and by color. So finding a certain fabric is pretty easy.

I suppose I would say, get some functional storage pieces to be able to organize with and you will be surprised how fast things can be put away. Always put them in the same place and do your cleaning in the early morning so you can enjoy it the rest of the day.

I hope that helps anyone who needs a helping hand. Thanks for asking, muse.

RedGarnet222 08-11-2017 08:26 AM

Oh how cute!

Armylady2012 08-11-2017 08:34 PM

Libster, I love the door wreath, the colors are awesome.

annt59 08-11-2017 09:19 PM

Libster, love that fabric.

KLTQuilts 08-12-2017 06:11 PM

My goodness everyone is just rolling along - wonderful ideas/blocks!!! I've enjoyed popping in and checking out what's posted, and then being inspired to work on my blocks.

Well, I just finished my first set and hope to post a picture tomorrow. So far I haven't seen another set like it (yet) -. . . hummmm . . . have I piqued your interest????? HINT: it's appliqued (a might tedious to do - maybe I'm just "slow at appliqueing"??!! and there are 3 items on each block "falling".